Is this stock?

WillyB93

Established Member
Good point there budda, that is pretty neat wander if the company is still around after 18 years?

buddha93

Established Member
Good point there budda, that is pretty neat wander if the company is still around after 18 years?

I looked and didn't find anything. Reminds of the battery disconnect under the hood. With the 6 pins on that little guy, it's probably a bit more involved.

teal_93

Established Member
It doesn't disconnect the battery all the lights and everything turn on just won't turn over, should I remove this? Or just leave it be

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
d036273a-c4a4-c74e.jpg
d036274a-c4b9-ea93.jpg

When I bought my '93 new it had the same thing installed. The dealership said that they had installed it as part of their lot security, or some such.

So it was an original, totally stock, "dealer installed option". :banana:

I'd just leave it in. It disables the ignition switch, or something similar.

Last edited:

WillyB93

Established Member
I would just leave it alone unless you start having a problem out of it.

WillyB93

Established Member
You can, an aftermarket alarm system will give you keyless entry too probably at a cheaper cost then ford!

rolltide93

Established Member
That's funny, I just picked up my 93 about a month ago and was wondering if it was stock. I have the same exact chip.

photo-2.gif

photo-4.gif

Dr Evil

Established Member
mine is a California car as well and has a very similar setup. The male piece pulls out of the dash and you put it into a female piece on your key chain...pretty high tech stuff in '93, lol.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
My 92 GT had one. All it does is disconnect the trigger wire from the ignition switch to the starter solenoid. There is no chip in there. You can jumper between two of the terminals with a paper clip to allow the car to start. Just gotta know which ones. i pulled mine out. I may still have it in a box somewhere.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Good link.

They claim do have never had a vehichle stolen with one of these equipped onboard.

I have a hard time believing that. I wonder how it prevents towing?

I especially like this quote:
"Since the World Trade Center tragedy on September 11, 2001, numerous manufacturers of Fire Trucks, Rescue Equipment Vehicles, and even Mosquito Spraying Trucks, have contacted us inquiring and purchasing our Ravelco Anti Theft Device. It makes us real proud when we asked them how they heard about us and they replied "from their local law enforcement agencies."

What does 9/11 have to do with an anti-theft device? Are terrorists trying to steal fire trucks or misquito spraying trucks? Just trying to sound patriotic?

Sorry to go off tipic, but companies that make claims/quotes like that sound a little hoaky.

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
Agreed on the towing thing.

However, with mutiple wiring combinations, it can can make for a very difficult time for thieves, especially with hidden wires and no color scheme whatsoever.

scootro

Established Member
Agreed on the towing thing.

However, with mutiple wiring combinations, it can can make for a very difficult time for thieves, especially with hidden wires and no color scheme whatsoever.

yea granted anything can be stolen but hey lets not make it easy for 'em!

teal_93

Established Member
I went and looked at two other teal cobras California cars and they both had the same security system, and one had keyless entry with a ford key fob? Is this dealer installed or did some of them come with keyless entry?

Users who are viewing this thread