Is this really racing?

Why Try

Established Member
Friend got pulled over for "Speed Contest" Do you all think it was?

[video]https://youtu.be/C07j7R10t0o[/video]
[video=youtube;C07j7R10t0o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C07j7R10t0o[/video]

Last edited:

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Both cars sped up swiftly for a short period while they were next to each other. That's pretty much what a "speed contest" is even though they weren't going all out. In my eyes, no they were not racing each other but in an officer's eyes I can definitely see him/her thinking it was a race. Unfortunately, it is up to the discretion of the officer to determine whether they were racing or not.

Alien STI

Established Member
Just because he has a camera on it following doesn't make It a race lol. Anyways pretty sure the car must have seen them take off so he took it as they were racing.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Both cars sped up swiftly for a short period while they were next to each other. That's pretty much what a "speed contest" is even though they weren't going all out. In my eyes, no they were not racing each other but in an officer's eyes I can definitely see him/her thinking it was a race. Unfortunately, it is up to the discretion of the officer to determine whether they were racing or not.

+1

Geno-04

Established Member
I personally don't think it is....but to that officer, he/she is probably just fed up with all the cruises and thought it was/ or about to be. Just my opinion.

TClark22

Established Member
I never once saw any of those cars even speed...so no. No screeching tires, no loud noises. I don't get it

Rct851

Established Member
That's incredibly weak. If I was the officer and if I felt obligated to pull them over as long as there is no alcohol involved then it's a warning and on your way.

With that said it looked like a pretty dense area and nobody should be surprised

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
It's Ocean City in the summer and your buddy is driving a modified car. He has a target on his back the second he leaves the hotel parking lot.

Related story - I got pulled over there in my Cobra back in 08 or 09 doing 110+ down Coastal Highway racing an Evo and an S4. Through some dumb luck I got let off with a 50 in a 40 and a "display of power" ticket. According to the officer I was the only one out of the 3 of us to admit that we were racing so I got off easy and they got their cars impounded for the night.

Why Try

Established Member
Vette is 100% stock down to the air filter. The Camaro beside him is his brother in law and they know which is faster. They didn't go on green and never broke the speed limit of 45. Court is Tuesday. Do he take the video or word vs word?

Users who are viewing this thread