Is this for real?

MrClean100

Established Member
"Oops...sorry your face hitthe wall with that hood over your face..." You are basically admitting to assult sir! In a public forum!
I'm sorry sir but you should not be in this field. Additionally, if any supervisor in your organization is aware of your behavior they also need to leave. Very sad and I'm sorry for you and and any of the people that were assaulted by you or your so called professional colleagues.

_Snake_

Established Member
Like stated, if a kid is restrained in an ambulance and headed to the hospital for evaluation, there is a good chance he has a mental illness. Not knowing to what extent, I think punching a kid with a mental illness who is defenseless is about on par with doing the same to a 90 year old in a wheel chair.

You’re making A LOT of assumptions to fit your narrative.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
It's absolutely amazing to me how bad our society has broken down.

Someone made comments about societal break down referring to the kid/parents/lack of accountability etc.

The exact same thing can be said about that sad excuse of an EMT worker with dyed red hair and a tongue ring. Keeping it classy!

What a sick freak. Don't they do mental eval's on these so called professionals? No standards for physical appearance.. nothing?

Hell when I was working for UPS while in college, they wouldn't even let drivers have a mustache below the lip line. Every piece of clothing had to be UPS-spec. The interview process was multi-staged by multiple panels and you'd think I was applying to be a damn CIA agent.

My opinion.. ALL parties involved are pretty disgusting.

1badton

Established Member
It's absolutely amazing to me how bad our society has broken down.

Someone made comments about societal break down referring to the kid/parents/lack of accountability etc.

The exact same thing can be said about that sad excuse of an EMT worker with dyed red hair and a tongue ring. Keeping it classy!

What a sick freak. Don't they do mental eval's on these so called professionals? No standards for physical appearance.. nothing?

Hell when I was working for UPS while in college, they wouldn't even let drivers have a mustache below the lip line. Every piece of clothing had to be UPS-spec. The interview process was multi-staged by multiple panels and you'd think I was applying to be a damn CIA agent.

My opinion.. ALL parties involved are pretty disgusting.
Thank you, even new C/O's are getting shaving chrono's to get away from shaving for a profession. The assumption was made for mentally I'll. Did the EMT's get that info? Did the parents help in calming there son down, don't know?

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

_Snake_

Established Member
I made one assumption. The article states he is 17, on the way to hospital for eval, and the video shows he is restrained.

Assumption 1 - there’s a good chance he has a mental illness

Assumption 2 - he is a kid. At 17 years old? C’mon.

Assumption 3 - he’s defenseless. He already assaulted the EMT and was free to do so again.

Assumption 4 - his situation is comparable to a 90 year old in a wheel chair.

So yeah. AssumptionS. Not a single fact.

mnewxcv

Established Member
Assumption 1 - there’s a good chance he has a mental illness

Assumption 2 - he is a kid. At 17 years old? C’mon.

Assumption 3 - he’s defenseless. He already assaulted the EMT and was free to do so again.

Assumption 4 - his situation is comparable to a 90 year old in a wheel chair.

So yeah. AssumptionS. Not a single fact.

None of those are assumptions. He is technically a kid, like it or not. Don't believe me? Go beat the shit out of a 17 year old and see what the judge thinks.
The kid was defenseless. Spitting is an offense, not a defense. He couldn't block the punches or run away. Hence, defenseless. Situation being comparable to a 90 year old in a wheel chair is not an assumption. It followed the phrase 'I think' and is therefore my opinion, not stated as a fact. I'm defending myself against your comment, but I got nothing against you man, just looking at the situation through 2 different lenses.

_Snake_

Established Member
None of those are assumptions. He is technically a kid, like it or not. Don't believe me? Go beat the shit out of a 17 year old and see what the judge thinks.
The kid was defenseless. Spitting is an offense, not a defense. He couldn't block the punches or run away. Hence, defenseless. Situation being comparable to a 90 year old in a wheel chair is not an assumption. It followed the phrase 'I think' and is therefore my opinion, not stated as a fact. I'm defending myself against your comment, but I got nothing against you man, just looking at the situation through 2 different lenses.

Is it possible that the “kid” could have been charged as an adult had the EMT not reacted the way she did? Yes, it is.

Could he have still kicked the EMT? Headbutted her? Spit on her again? That’s not defenseless. Ever heard the expression that the best defense is a good offense?

Trying to separate an assumption from an opinion to defend a position is pretty weak.

It wasn’t legally right for the EMT to react the way she did, but morally and ethically I have no issues with her response.

Last edited:

1badton

Established Member
I see that all the Billy Badasses have shown up with their vast legal knowledge and uncompromising morals.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
As you can tell, I'll let you assume there counselor, why I don't post alot, since you have grand delusions of winning internet arguements. Pull your pants back up little man, come walk a beat with me SF. Morals, integrity, your mommy didn't teach you right.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
As you can tell, I'll let you assume there counselor, why I don't post alot, since you have grand delusions of winning internet arguements. Pull your pants back up little man, come walk a beat with me SF. Morals, integrity, your mommy didn't teach you right.

Denzel-Washington-Nope-Sad.gif

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Pretend there wasn't a video. And you heard a restrained, unruly 17 year old young man spit on an emt trying to help him, and was subsequently treated a bit harsh---would you have a problem with it? That's what I saw in the video.

15 years ago when I was in orthopedic residency in the inner city, we dealt with shit like this constantly. It sucked. We had a particular ex-d1-football lineman resident who was a bit rough around the edges. There was a story that was legendary, only told by the medical student shadowing him that night. Around midnight on an otherwise miserably busy summer night, a junkie was brought in by the squad, high/drunk/etc with a dislocated ankle. He was screaming, cussing, calling everyone a ****ing asshole. My buddy went in to see him, explained he was going to lightly sedate him, inject lidocaine into his ankle joint, and set it/splint it. When dealing with idiots like this, it's like explaining something to a 3 year old. They don't listen one bit and just cuss more. Apparently when he was getting all the splint materials lined up at the bedside, this guy spit point blank right in his face. It was verified by the student and the cast tech, that my buddy spit right back in his face (nasty dip spit), grabbed his ankle and twisted it right back into place with zero meds, and told the cast tech to deal with this ****ing asshole, and left. He's a successful hand surgeon today.

Bottom line, people have zero respect these days. It's not getting better, it's getting worse. While I don't condone what was done in the video, the emt is a human being just like the rest of us, fully capable of losing her cool and acting on the emotion of the moment

1badton

Established Member
Pretend there wasn't a video. And you heard a restrained, unruly 17 year old young man spit on an emt trying to help him, and was subsequently treated a bit harsh---would you have a problem with it? That's what I saw in the video.

15 years ago when I was in orthopedic residency in the inner city, we dealt with shit like this constantly. It sucked. We had a particular ex-d1-football lineman resident who was a bit rough around the edges. There was a story that was legendary, only told by the medical student shadowing him that night. Around midnight on an otherwise miserably busy summer night, a junkie was brought in by the squad, high/drunk/etc with a dislocated ankle. He was screaming, cussing, calling everyone a ****ing asshole. My buddy went in to see him, explained he was going to lightly sedate him, inject lidocaine into his ankle joint, and set it/splint it. When dealing with idiots like this, it's like explaining something to a 3 year old. They don't listen one bit and just cuss more. Apparently when he was getting all the splint materials lined up at the bedside, this guy spit point blank right in his face. It was verified by the student and the cast tech, that my buddy spit right back in his face (nasty dip spit), grabbed his ankle and twisted it right back into place with zero meds, and told the cast tech to deal with this ****ing asshole, and left. He's a successful hand surgeon today.

Bottom line, people have zero respect these days. It's not getting better, it's getting worse. While I don't condone what was done in the video, the emt is a human being just like the rest of us, fully capable of losing her cool and acting on the emotion of the moment
THANK YOU!

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Thank you for clarifying this for the group. Any human service worker responding to a person receiving any "professional medical or mental service" by spitting on the person they are presumably helping must be terminated immediately and should be subject to other possibly criminal penalties. Human services is not for for everybody. In forty years of services I have be spit on and punched and kicked over a 1000 times (mostly in hospital settings) and I have never reacted this way and only twice have I directly seen anybody else react that way. In both cases the individuals were terminated immediately and rightly so. Human services is about helping others not hurting them or humiliating them. Police are not under the exact same restrictions and priorities. As a human service professional the safety and well being of the persons I am serving is primary. My safety is secondary. Of course people not trained in human services might not know this and people who are trained and still behave in ways like the woman in video have failed and should be out as soon as possible. One mitigating factor might be her own mental health issues but of course this does not absolve her of these very unprofessional likely criminal behaviors.

Very sorry if I have offended anybody and thank you again for your original post.

You must be a old fart lol. I've been in the human services industry for 16 years this September. While what you say sounds all nice and dandy my experiance has been about 50/50 with workers dealing with clients trying to harm the worker. Say what you want but my safety is 1st and foremost, if that means I lose my job so be it. I have tons of stories like @kirks5oh and a majority still work in the industry.

MrClean100

Established Member

Sorry but your buddy made a big mistake and should have lost his residency. It’s unreal you would condone this. Just for curiosity in your friends place would you do the same thing?

Users who are viewing this thread