Is this a Roush or a Cobra? Neither!

CobRoush-00

Established Member
For the past 5 years I took on a quest to put together a car to my liking. It took a lot of hours and money to finally get it done. I have learned a lot along the way about the car because of the knowledge that I have acquired on SVTP and some other forums. From a total novice to being able to strip the car to the bare chassis and rebuilt it, that is a great accomplishment. Therefore I want to thank my buddy Hal and all of you on SVTP for your help. Still some finishing touch left to do but it's time to share the result after a clean-up earlier.

Warning: For the purist, I want to remind you that I put this car together chosing parts that I actually like from different models. At the end of the day, It is not a Cobra nor it is a Roush. It is just a 2000 Mustang. Don't flame me because I have no money left for a flame suit. :burn:

PA170022_zps21b2dc94.gif

PA170032_zps56e3ee0a.gif

PA170042_zps8089d18b.gif

PA170030_zps50bf8fcd.gif

cef542a5-f0d6-4a45-86a2-c67f4fafea1c_zpsd61d6f99.gif

PA170037_zps82dca098.gif

chinchilla

Established Member
Looks good, no flaming required, it has no badges so its not claiming to be anything it isn''t.
cool car

Adiabatik

Banned
Looks great. You can stick any body part on a car as long as you don't start sticking on the badges....

CobRoush-00

Established Member
Thanks guys. I could not have done it without you all. I will enjoy it for whatever is left of nice weather on the east coast. Then I will need your help once again getting the right supercharger for a bit more power.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
I think you did a very good job of choosing tasteful factory ford exterior styling without trying to misrepresent what you have. You specifically made sure that you didn't have roush on the side skirts no badges on the back perfectly complimentary with the fender badges. I appreciate what you did there. Personally not a fan of the head rests or head lights. Other than that I think you did a great job!

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Nice job. Looks slick. Like said above, it's nice that you didn't put cobra badges all over it. You did some very nice upgrades without going over the top. Very respectable!

What's next?

CobRoush-00

Established Member
Nice job. Looks slick. Like said above, it's nice that you didn't put cobra badges all over it. You did some very nice upgrades without going over the top. Very respectable!

What's next?

Next will be a supercharger. Don't know which one yet. The car was dynoed by Mustang Magic and made 265 RWHP. I would love to get to 400. Keep in mind it has 4V swap from 98 Mark VIII, Cobra Intake, BBK LT, BBK X-pipes, Roush Side Exhaust, Complete Roush Track Suspension

I think you did a very good job of choosing tasteful factory ford exterior styling without trying to misrepresent what you have. You specifically made sure that you didn't have roush on the side skirts no badges on the back perfectly complimentary with the fender badges. I appreciate what you did there. Personally not a fan of the head rests or head lights. Other than that I think you did a great job!

Thanks man. Headrest may leave soon. The smoked headlights will probably stay because to be honest with you I don't find any other ones that I like better. These are smoked HID with the halo around. Until something else strikes my pleasing senses, these are staying :beer:

everything besides the roush seatbeat covers and the projector headlights.

Not a fan of them either but my girlfriend is to protect her own headlights if you know what I mean:dancenana:

personally never been a fan of the 99-04 roush-look. However, it is your car OP. Nicely done

I respect that. I guess that's why there are so many different styles to choose from. I just wish the front fascia was straight like the cobra bumper and didn't have that slant up underneath. Other than that, love it.

soo, what's under the hood?

Check my avatar. 4V swap from 98 Mark VIII

Users who are viewing this thread