Is this a good deal?

nxhappy

Established Member
I would spend a little bit more money, and get one with less miles.

basspro302

Established Member
I wouldn't pass that's not high mileage. My 2013 has 73k on it and had been prochargerd since 55k. Plus you are a tech so fixing it is cheaper when you have all the tools. The only thing that broke on my car was the door ajar switch.

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member

JanMan89

If it's between an 05-09 and a Mach...get the Mach.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
How come you choose the Mach? As an overall car including suspension and interior isn't the GT superior? I guess I could always switch the seats out. I know the motor in the Mach is better. But is it enough to warrant losing out on other factors? Thanks!

Zemedici

Established Member
What the **** are you guys smoking? That's not even a high mile 2011 car. And its priced well. If it were an automatic I'd be buying it. hahahaha a couple of my customers have close to 200k on their unopened coyotes. No issues.

I'd rather have a coyote over a mach 1.....

JanMan89

Only thing I'm hesitant about is the fact is us had 4 owners. First was in Michigan. In the car fax.

basspro302

Established Member
I would go check it out ask to take it to your shop to do a full inspection. I would rather have a coyote than a 3valve and I sold my 01 cobra for a coyote which is a Mach 1 pretty much but has irs.

The 3 valve is the like the mustang 2 of the newer generation cars

Zemedici

Established Member
Only thing I'm hesitant about is the fact is us had 4 owners. First was in Michigan. In the car fax.

I wouldnt worry about that whatsoever. God knows how many owners my cobras have had, and I know S550s that have been passed around worse than the drunk girl at a party.

What matters is what shape the car is in, but that shouldnt even truly matter as you're a tech and can fix it up anyway. The later S197 cars (11-14) are TANKING due to the S550 coming out (2015+). That's what I would buy. Dead reliable, make good power, and look good doing it. Not to mention they're half the price to modify compared to the newer ones.

Secondo

Established Member
That's a low price for a coyote car. Last year I looked for a few months and couldn't find on under $21k. Recommend 2011-up 5.0 if you can swing it. Make them an offer. The '05-'10's are disappointingly slow, stock. Hard to find a decent reasonably priced Mach 1 or Cobra.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
You would truly have to go look at the coyote to really tell how mechanically sound it is. Being a Tech, should be no problem for you.
The mileage is almost on par for a vehicle from 2012. I know most with their Mustang, Cobra, Lightning, Coyote and so on...have a DD. Then yeah, that might look like high mileage to some. If I didn't have a DD, I know my Coyote would probably have double the mileage and have 70K miles, though it's a 14. but it's a lot of I75 driving both ways.
we know it's all about how you take care of your car and maint upkeep. hell my Expedition probably saw around 30 states and put over 100K miles in the first 4 years I owned it. When I sold it, it had 180K miles on it and looked great and ran strong. Even when I put it up on craigslist for sale, a couple that finally asked to look at it bought it on the spot. They said for the year, mileage, but how great it looked....they thought it was a fraudulent post on craigslist and wasn't going to call but glad they did.

JanMan89

Thanks guys! Been really helpful. Going to test drive it tomorrow. I currently drive a 03 civic si hatchback. Thinking of trading it in. I'm going to make them put it on a lift so I can check it out. They said the last owner was a service advisor at the dealership. I guess that's a plus. Never even drove a v8 before I'm sure I will fall in

Zemedici

Established Member
Thanks guys! Been really helpful. Going to test drive it tomorrow. I currently drive a 03 civic si hatchback. Thinking of trading it in. I'm going to make them put it on a lift so I can check it out. They said the last owner was a service advisor at the dealership. I guess that's a plus. Never even drove a v8 before I'm sure I will fall in

in4'guysiboughtit' :D

Go get em, keep us posted.

Make sure to get all maintenance records.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
That's a low price for a coyote car. Last year I looked for a few months and couldn't find on under $21k. Recommend 2011-up 5.0 if you can swing it. .
I bought my 2011 a few months ago for less than the OP's budget and it had half the miles of the one he linked..

JanMan89

Did the 2011 have the coyote engine? How much did you pays and what were the miles? Also what region are you from? I noticed the south has higher prices but the gas is cheaper.

nxhappy

Established Member
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...pperListingsSearch=34745096#listing=166027099 Thanks guys! ill probably just look at some 05-09 GT's with less miles. My budget is only like 15k. I found a 2004 Mach 1 with 78k miles for $12,500 but the interiors look a lot nicer on the later models.

Doing this on my phone. Link to Mach 1 is at top

wait a little bit, save a few more grand, and get a TERMINATOR :)

trust me, you won't regret waiting ! And you want lose money on depreciation !!

Users who are viewing this thread