Is this a good deal on a 2014 GT?

Mark Aubele

Established Member
I paid just under 29K for my '14 Track pack (sticker was ~35,500) which was x-plan minus rebates, when not taking into account equity in my trade. Are you guys claiming to be getting over 10K off these cars subtracting trade equity? Doesn't seem to be very realistic. You can't even find them used at anywhere near a couple claims in here.

Troponin

Established Member
I paid just under 29K for my '14 Track pack (sticker was ~35,500) which was x-plan minus rebates, when not taking into account equity in my trade. Are you guys claiming to be getting over 10K off these cars subtracting trade equity? Doesn't seem to be very realistic. You can't even find them used at anywhere near a couple claims in here.

That is exactly what I am saying. There were $8k in rebates on my car right from the start.

Honest Mike

Established Member
I found one in my neck of the woods, 2014 base GT, Track Pack and Tech Pack, sticker price of 35,725, the absolute best they will do is 30,995. Doesn't seem like much of a deal to me, considering the car has been sitting there quite awhile and already has 130 miles on it! Also, the 2015 will be there very soon. I offered them 28,000 and they were like no way Jose. I said I'll do 29,000 but that's it and they let me walk..

Last edited:

ssimaniac

Established Member
Best I could get was $8700 off MSRP out the door (including taxes, tags, destination etc.) This was one dealership that was willing to do it. All the others gave me invoice minus the rebates ($5000 I qualified for).

I test drove 3 vehicles, all MT-82 and I was highly disappointed that the transmission was still garbage. I had numerous issues with my 2011 5.0, 2 transmissions and so on so I'm not keen on pulling the trigger. All 3 vehicles were super notchy in 2nd gear during 90 degree weather. I can only image in cold. One of the vehicles had an awful clunk while shifting into 2nd. I'm coming from an Audi, VW background, recently, and both of brands were BUTTER smooth. I'll wait and see how the 2015s are perhaps. I can't stomach a grinding transmission no matter how amazing the car.

Sizeth3

Established Member
Last month I paid $28k for a CPO 2013 Mustang GT premium, every option but NAV and track pack, with 7900 miles from a dealer, I pulled my Window sticker based on the vin and it was $38k in 2013. Might be worth seeing if you can buy one that is a year old and let someone else take the hit, as the first year or two seems to be about a $10-12k hit in price. Might be easy to get a steal on one with the 2015 coming out, I bet there will be people who sell theirs just to have the latest/greatest.

Sizeth3

Established Member
I found one in my neck of the woods, 2014 base GT, Track Pack and Tech Pack, sticker price of 35,725, the absolute best they will do is 30,995. Doesn't seem like much of a deal to me, considering the car has been sitting their quite awhile and already has 130 miles on it! Also, the 2015 will be there very soon. I offered them 28,000 and they were like no way Jose. I said I'll do 29,000 but that's it and they let me walk..

That sounds like a hell of a deal for a new car to be honest, coming from someone who just shopped for one for the last few months.

Honest Mike

Established Member
Yea? Thats not an out the door price, that's just the car.. The original poster who started this topic was a good deal in my eyes.. 38k list price and can get it for under 30k?? Maybe deals are different all over, according to state.

Sizeth3

Established Member
Probably, I am in Southern Oregon and cost of living is high here since we are so close to California. Everything in California is expensive.

Honest Mike

Established Member
I bought it. Got them to go $1,000 lower. I was at 29, they were at 31, I went back there yesterday and said let's meet in the middle and get it done! 2014 black on black, base GT, Track Pack and Tech Package. First black car, hope I don't regret it lol!!

I'm in North Jersey, Riverdale to be exact, if anyone around here wants to meet up one day, or let me know where the Mustang hang outs are lol!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread