Is this a good deal on a 2014 GT?

ssimaniac

Established Member
MSRP $38,015

301A
GT Track Pack
Recaro Manual Cloth Seats
RR Sensors

Out the door price, $29,870 (I live in VA, so taxes and tags included)

There's another GT Premium I like, MSRP $42,550 but the dealer won't go below $36,000 (different dealer). What are my odds landing it for $33,500? I qualify for $5,000 rebates (combined).

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Looking at it from the msrp to the final sale price its a great deal i'd grab it!
The other car: Not likely unless you show him the savings on the other deal!

Troponin

Established Member
I am not sure what rebates are currently being run. When I bought mine, there were tons of rebates, and I got them down just a little bit from negotiating. I am aware that the dealership gets reimbursed rebates, so I know better than to believe they "make no money" when a car drops below MSRP. MSRP is such a crap number these days. It means nothing.

Anyway, to give you an idea of what rebates can potentially do and looking for a good deal, I picked up my Premium with track pack, in 6 speed, for 31k out the door. It was listed for 41k.

ssimaniac

Established Member
I am not sure what rebates are currently being run. When I bought mine, there were tons of rebates, and I got them down just a little bit from negotiating. I am aware that the dealership gets reimbursed rebates, so I know better than to believe they "make no money" when a car drops below MSRP. MSRP is such a crap number these days. It means nothing.

Anyway, to give you an idea of what rebates can potentially do and looking for a good deal, I picked up my Premium with track pack, in 6 speed, for 31k out the door. It was listed for 41k.

That is a great deal. What dealer was it and how long ago if you don't mind me asking? My plan was the same. 10k out the door from MSRP price. It seems legit since the dealer gets kickback and they're not really losing and they're cleaning inventory for 2015s.

Troponin

Established Member
That is a great deal. What dealer was it and how long ago if you don't mind me asking? My plan was the same. 10k out the door from MSRP price. It seems legit since the dealer gets kickback and they're not really losing and they're cleaning inventory for 2015s.

It was Varsity Ford in College Station. Basically what I did was, looked and waited for the rebates to pop up at the local places. If a dealership has a car already in inventory, they are more likely to sell it lower too. It might be worth it to lok at all of the dealerships in a 100 mile radius to you. Even if you have to drive a couple hours, you could end up with a better deal

greyhk2

Established Member
That's not a deal.

That's a steal!

I like the idea of a track pack recaro GT under $30k all in. That's like $27k before all the tax & fees. Wish that happened to me. The OP's premium seems like a good deal, but not sure.

Troponin: was your price also including tax & fees?

Troponin

Established Member
That's not a deal.

That's a steal!

I like the idea of a track pack recaro GT under $30k all in. That's like $27k before all the tax & fees. Wish that happened to me. The OP's premium seems like a good deal, but not sure.

Troponin: was your price also including tax & fees?

Car was $41,000
Rebates took it to $31,000 (yeah, insane)
Negotiated them down to $29,000 because I was looking at a Mustang at another lot in a color that I wanted more and with the recaro seats (They confirmed what car I was referring to)
Taxes, tag etc came out to about $31,000 total

I honestly cannot believe the deal I got, but this really tells you that these deals are def out there. Maybe not on every type of car, but Mustangs you can get find them if you wait and look hard enough.

Angry50

Established Member
I almost want to trade my car to get a deal lol. but I have a 12 and think id be better off just paying off my car. but it is a good time to buy

pierce88

Established Member
I went to Jerrys Ford In Alexandria and got:

300A
Track Pack
Recaro Seats
Some $500 Striping (Sides and Small Hood)

Out the Door for $31k.

This was also in the Middle of July so I'm sure they are a little more motivated to move them now but I found exactly what I wanted (Only Wish I had 301a)

-Pierce

BornCoqui

Established Member

I got a similar deal back in October for mine. Mine was also a premium w/track pack, 6 speed , for 31k out the door, and sticker was right at 40k.

BornCoqui

Established Member
How are you getting 9000 off sticker? Do you go in prefinanced and give them a take it or leave it offer?

For mine, the car was stickered at 40k , internet priced at 33k.

Then there was 3k in Ford incentives plus additional incentives if you went though Ford financial. Which i believe was an additional 2k bonus cash or 0%apr. So without even really trying I was at 28k after they ran my credit.

Troponin

Established Member
For mine, the car was stickered at 40k , internet priced at 33k.

Then there was 3k in Ford incentives plus additional incentives if you went though Ford financial. Which i believe was an additional 2k bonus cash or 0%apr. So without even really trying I was at 28k after they ran my credit.

Same. Ford will run a bunch of rebates from time to time. My car had 8k in rebates from the start, then, while working the deal, they "magically" found another rebate. lol

TrackpackGT

Established Member
To get $9000 off MSRP is something unheard of on these cars. A lot of the pricing they offer includes every single rebate Ford offers, which hardly anyone qualifies for (active/retired military, recent college grad, quarter horse assoc, etc). I got mine last weekend at Koons in Sterling VA for about $6500 off, and there were NO track pack cars anywhere near me in NC.

Redline8k

Established Member
I just picked up my base gt A6 for 25k...out the door! Sticker was 33,405 or something like that.

Last edited:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I picked up a GT Premium, Track Pack, Reverse Sensing/Security, and Pedestal spoiler, for $32,500, MSRP was $39,680. Basically Invoice minus $4,000 in rebates. Hard to pass up these deals, even with the new body style coming out in a few weeks.

TrackpackGT

Established Member
Yea, I think mine ended up being invoice minus $4000 in rebates. I found used ones selling for more than that, seemed like a no brainer. They couldn't do that deal around me in NC, the rebates are definitely higher in other parts of the country. (They screwed up on mine and had to give me the extra $500 they had up in VA).

Users who are viewing this thread