Is there a new 500 on the horizon?

03reptile

Established Member
I understand that this can be done; however, we are talking about a mass produced vehicle with all the difficulties that come with building and assembling it on a production line. It would seem that this could raise some fitment issues. Not to mention a technician friendly design once the car is produced. I know, when do the engineers ever consider how easy it is for the Dealer Technician to repair production cars LOL! I dunno, but something to think about. I'd rather see the current 5.8 we have in the 13 and 14 retained and with little tweaking by Ford, it could easily eclipse the Hellcat's current HP rating and once again be on top. Seems to make more financial sense. Whether the 5.8 will fit within the engine bay of the new 2015 design is still up for debate.

Orange Poison

Established Member
I can't, the raptor is to much of a beast. I will trade mine in for new one but will be very upset it won't have that v8 growl.

I feel ya...I'm wrestling with the whole V6 thing in the raptor also. I really like the look of the new truck and if the horsepower is there...maybe...maaaaybe...I can forget that a V6 is in there. lol.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I can't, the raptor is to much of a beast. I will trade mine in for new one but will be very upset it won't have that v8 growl.

I feel ya...I'm wrestling with the whole V6 thing in the raptor also. I really like the look of the new truck and if the horsepower is there...maybe...maaaaybe...I can forget that a V6 is in there. lol.
If they put a 2 cylinder in it and it outperformed all the previous models, that's the one I would want.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I see these threads on various sites, always hope they contain a link to a video from Ford. They don't.
All the Ford interviews I've seen contain no information about a future GT500.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I understand that this can be done; however, we are talking about a mass produced vehicle with all the difficulties that come with building and assembling it on a production line. It would seem that this could raise some fitment issues. Not to mention a technician friendly design once the car is produced. I know, when do the engineers ever consider how easy it is for the Dealer Technician to repair production cars LOL! I dunno, but something to think about. I'd rather see the current 5.8 we have in the 13 and 14 retained and with little tweaking by Ford, it could easily eclipse the Hellcat's current HP rating and once again be on top. Seems to make more financial sense. Whether the 5.8 will fit within the engine bay of the new 2015 design is still up for debate.

Pretty sure that Ford stopped making the 5.8 blocks awhile ago....

Snkedriver

Established Member
I thought we would see more info by now on the new GT500 if there are going to build it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I thought we would see more info by now on the new GT500 if there are going to build it.

Why? The GT350's aren't even readily available yet. Why would they want to kill the market? Or at least slow it down, by announcing a new one? Wouldn't make any sense. A dollar today is better than a dollar tomorrow.

Hourigan218

Established Member
I know I'll get crap for this but I think auto makers are leaning towards better handling lower displacement engines. The monster HP wars will soon be over. GM did nice work on the new c7 and have upped the camaro a bit but no monster HP camaro coming up. Mopar finished with the hellcat and also did a fine job. As far as big HP I think it will be left to aftermarket. Just my 2 cents. By no means do I wish this to happen but it's just a matter of automotive evolution.

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
Mark my words. The next GT500 will be all wheel drive and Ford will have a joint venture with Tesla so they can put a 700+hp electric motor in it that will do 0 to 60 in 2.5 seconds plus it will be able to beat the hellkitty and even the GT-R. Oh and the tranny will be a one speed auto too.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Mark my words. The next GT500 will be all wheel drive and Ford will have a joint venture with Tesla so they can put a 700+hp electric motor in it that will do 0 to 60 in 2.5 seconds plus it will be able to beat the hellcat and even the GT-R. Oh and the tranny will be auto too.
Uh...no.

fotontom

Established Member
Mark my words. The next GT500 will be all wheel drive and Ford will have a joint venture with Tesla so they can put a 700+hp electric motor in it that will do 0 to 60 in 2.5 seconds plus it will be able to beat the hellcat and even the GT-R. Oh and the tranny will be auto too.
As crazy, unlikely and improbable as this sounds, there may be a lot of logic to it. The govmint is leading automakers in the direction of becoming more fuel efficient and reducing emissions. Tesla has proven that they can execute on electric vehicle technology and has recently shown they are willing to share some of that technology with others. In any case, they won't have a lock on it in the long run. The other automakers will obtain it. Will such a car even be on the Mustang platform? Anyone's guess. The objective is to build a wundercar. Ford has already done great things with the GT350 and will make the GT a success in the high-ticket market. The rules have changed. CS's last project with Ford was the 13-14 GT500, and now it's a different game. We may have seen the last of the monster stock V8's.

Users who are viewing this thread