Is there a market for used coyote 5.0 engines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex12gt

Established Member
I need some help guys!

I am also looking at swapping my engine with 11,000 miles for an Alluminator since I switched to the 69 mm TVS pulley from the 79mm pulley.I also had ID 1000's and a BAP installed when I did the smaller pulley.
The dyno shop said it only made 610 rwhp(it made 570 with the 82mm pulley) at 10-11 psi.I know the JBA long tubes lowers boost but the belt has been ticking so I am sure it was slipping.
I have not seen the dyno sheet(still waiting on email) yet but my AFR is said to be good.I Plan to have Justin at VMP look at the logs.

My "performance" Tech at ford who installed my supercharger and did the long tubes quite cheap($800 for the supercharger and $400 for the long tubes) wants to give me $2700 for my engine which will be include labor cost of $1400 to pull my engine and install the alluminator and $1300 cash.He says he will also install a new RXT clutch free of charge since the transmission will be out(I will provide clutch and flywheel).
That would make my out of pocket cost about $6300( if I can get it at Tousley for $7500) which seems to me kind of high or is that a fair deal?
I am indiana so I contacted Brenspeed to see if I could get a better deal with them but they never got back with me.

If I could get $3500 for my engine or be out the door with a new alluminator and clutch installed for less than $5500 I would definitely pull the trigger.

I spoke to Justin at VMP who thought I would be safe at this power level and boost with the stock engine.I have a manual transmission and I am chasing 10's but my best to date is an ET 11.3. at 126-127mph with a 1.68 60 ft(with the 79mm pulley).I have trapped once at 130mph with an ET of 11.4 on drag radials . I guess I am just worried about throwing a rod or something and getting "Zero" then for my engine.If I can not get into the 10's with current set up :shrug:(I know,I know driver mods needed) then I would run more boost with a JLT cold air intake (14-15 psi I am told).If that does not do it then I guess I give up:cryying:
Sorry for the long post but I am looking for some advice!

ok so ill start with i sold my motor for $4250 so 2700 for yours is low....
and what gears do have ive run 10.9 with my manual car on the 79mm pulley with jlt but i also dont have headers.....im doing the same thing swapping over to an aluminator.....i was in the same boat risk blowing the motor or just spend the cash upfront and other thing that needs to go in an aluminator is billet oil pump gears pm me if you want more info or i can get ya my email

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
I need some help guys!

I am also looking at swapping my engine with 11,000 miles for an Alluminator since I switched to the 69 mm TVS pulley from the 79mm pulley.I also had ID 1000's and a BAP installed when I did the smaller pulley.
The dyno shop said it only made 610 rwhp(it made 570 with the 82mm pulley) at 10-11 psi.I know the JBA long tubes lowers boost but the belt has been ticking so I am sure it was slipping.
I have not seen the dyno sheet(still waiting on email) yet but my AFR is said to be good.I Plan to have Justin at VMP look at the logs.

My "performance" Tech at ford who installed my supercharger and did the long tubes quite cheap($800 for the supercharger and $400 for the long tubes) wants to give me $2700 for my engine which will be include labor cost of $1400 to pull my engine and install the alluminator and $1300 cash.He says he will also install a new RXT clutch free of charge since the transmission will be out(I will provide clutch and flywheel).
That would make my out of pocket cost about $6300( if I can get it at Tousley for $7500) which seems to me kind of high or is that a fair deal?
I am indiana so I contacted Brenspeed to see if I could get a better deal with them but they never got back with me.

If I could get $3500 for my engine or be out the door with a new alluminator and clutch installed for less than $5500 I would definitely pull the trigger.

I spoke to Justin at VMP who thought I would be safe at this power level and boost with the stock engine.I have a manual transmission and I am chasing 10's but my best to date is an ET 11.3. at 126-127mph with a 1.68 60 ft(with the 79mm pulley).I have trapped once at 130mph with an ET of 11.4 on drag radials . I guess I am just worried about throwing a rod or something and getting "Zero" then for my engine.If I can not get into the 10's with current set up :shrug:(I know,I know driver mods needed) then I would run more boost with a JLT cold air intake (14-15 psi I am told).If that does not do it then I guess I give up:cryying:
Sorry for the long post but I am looking for some advice!
Start a thread with this story and ask for help...You will get more replies and not hijack the OP's thread in the process.

Jedisalami

Established Member
buddy is about to sell the one from my car I wrecked, 13,800 miles. Gona sell it complete motor, computer, harness, and pedal assembly for drive by wire

price?

alex12gt

Established Member
buddy is about to sell the one from my car I wrecked, 13,800 miles. Gona sell it complete motor, computer, harness, and pedal assembly for drive by wire

price?

Id say around 5k-6k the control pack is about $1400

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread