Is there a difference in UCAs from 05-10 to 11-14?

konabluekiller

Established Member
American Muscle and LMR has some labeled 05-10 and some 11-14... The BMR, and the J&M are both what I want with the solid joints but both say 05-10 years.... Aren't they all the name or is there a difference?

Tyler72

Established Member
The bolt under the rear seat is a different size & the arm on the 10-14 is longer for less pinion angle change during axle movement. The later style works better... But as long as you buy a control arm & matching mount, either will work. You may have to buy 1 bolt for the front of the mount if you get the wrong year, but it will all line up with the correct holes.

BMR Tech

American Muscle and LMR has some labeled 05-10 and some 11-14... The BMR, and the J&M are both what I want with the solid joints but both say 05-10 years.... Aren't they all the name or is there a difference?

The 2005-2010 are indeed different; in many ways actually. One major difference is the change in geometry. Many people don't know, but, the 2011+ cars have increased anti-squat to help the higher output cars with traction and wheel-hop. Anyhow...

I'll let these do the explaining:

IMAG0805.jpg

IMAG0804.jpg

IMAG0803.jpg

IMAG0802.jpg

IMAG0801.jpg

IMAG0800.jpg

IMAG0799.jpg

IMAG0798.jpg

IMAG1259.jpg

IMAG1255.jpg

IMAG1254.jpg

IMAG1253.jpg

IMAG1252.jpg

IMAG1251.jpg

So, we/BMR make a 2005-2010 Specific Mount and UCA.....and 2011+ Specific Mount and UCA.

Here is the Spherical Bearing UCA that we should be releasing in about 2 months. It will be the highest quality UCA in the industry, as well as the strongest - and will likely be priced in the $290 range.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-2014-mustangs-354/968242-all-uca-talk.html

Hope that answers some questions.

BMR Tech

Kelly do you forsee that bearing type to stretch and clunk over time?

Not really. Well, maybe.

It really depends, but, it will be the highest quality bearing available (for realistic price). The bearing alone will be about $50.

It is so large, that it will be very strong and very resistant against damage. I was considering using even a larger bearing, but the cost of the UCA would have been closer to $400.

I'll put it this way. It won't be a "quiet" UCA - but, it will be the quietest bearing UCA available, and it will be the strongest, and will last the longest before clunking.

konabluekiller

Established Member
Awesome posts! Thanks guys! Sorry beefcake, I didn't even think to order from you again. I just typed in UPR UCA (blah blah blah) in Google and bought it from them since it came up first...

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Not really. Well, maybe.

It really depends, but, it will be the highest quality bearing available (for realistic price). The bearing alone will be about $50.

It is so large, that it will be very strong and very resistant against damage. I was considering using even a larger bearing, but the cost of the UCA would have been closer to $400.

I'll put it this way. It won't be a "quiet" UCA - but, it will be the quietest bearing UCA available, and it will be the strongest, and will last the longest before clunking.

cool, I might consider this too tighten up my UCA. I thought you said previously you are going to allow it as an upgrade option for the Poly UCA right? If so I will definitly consider it. The noise doesn't bother me in terms of NVH, just don't want more clunk! :D

Users who are viewing this thread