Is the Tapout stuff true??

Don Juan

Established Member
Yeah, they arrested the other driver and from what I have read, he's been charged with vehicle manslaughter.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
It's sad but true...
Here's the note they have posted on Tapout.com

DEAREST FRIENDS AND FAMILY
It is with heavy hearts and great sadness that we must regretfully confirm the passing of our beloved friend, brother and co-founder Charles "Mask" Lewis following a car accident that occurred last night. We are currently in the process of setting up a memorial service in his honor and will release more details as they become available.

Many thanks to all for the outpouring of blessings and well-wishes during this incredibly difficult time.

Zak

MoneyPit5.4

Established Member
So from reading the article I am not understanding how the other driver could be charged with anything.

It doesn't state the driver of the white Porsche ran him off the road. So they have charged the other driver for not stopping to see if he was OK after he hit the light pole?

Now I could see maybe being charged with being a part of an accident and not stopping, which would be fleeing the scene.

But if you were driving next to someone that ran off the road and did not stop, somehow you are at fault? I see stopping out of courtesy but not by law? Maybe they are not including some vital info. :shrug:

Blake

1svtfan

Shaken, not stirred
Established Member
Kind of crazy. Happened on Jamboree a few miles from the house. They found the Porsche pulled over a few miles down with body damage. Just upped his bail to 2M tonight. Witnesses confirmed they were in fact racing. It happens all the time. Lots of big money cars in the area. It's unfortunate. :bash:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So from reading the article I am not understanding how the other driver could be charged with anything.

It doesn't state the driver of the white Porsche ran him off the road. So they have charged the other driver for not stopping to see if he was OK after he hit the light pole?

Now I could see maybe being charged with being a part of an accident and not stopping, which would be fleeing the scene.

But if you were driving next to someone that ran off the road and did not stop, somehow you are at fault? I see stopping out of courtesy but not by law? Maybe they are not including some vital info. :shrug:

Blake

I assumed that the charge was a result of them racing. Maybe not? Was it for leaving the scene? :shrug:

Black Sex

Established Member
I was always under the assumption that if you are street racing which is an illegal action and someone dies because of it you can be charged with manslaughter

Users who are viewing this thread