Is the nfl fixed?

TSHOES

Established Member
Pretty interesting to consider, but I don't think in any way its true. Just like any other sport, there are frequently missed calls/controversial calls. Officials are generally terrible like always, seems like its had to go one game in any sport without a "bad" call, except baseball, not as many factors/players to miss on. Theres no way the Super Bowl could have been fixed, Manning just bent over for that one.

Question for you, how long do you think the NFL will be around? Do you think it will still have the fan base in 20-30 years as it does now?

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
lol, this is what whiner fans to in the offseason?

stop trying to tie human error into a mass conspiracy. id like to hear how the SB was rigged, you know with seattle penalized more than double denver. LOL.

wow. as a hawks fan I've dealt with terrible calls(SB XL). its part of the game. sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
We were talking about this today. I said the only likely conspiracy is that Seattle trolled every other team all season into thinking their offense wasn't as good as they really are. They were sketchy towards the end of the regular season and all through the playoffs and then have this incredible game on both offense and defense that looked like nothing of any of their previous games. That in itself is unlikely but everything outside of that is just bs.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
You can't launch yourself at a receiver or ball carrier anymore in the NFL. It will be an automatic 15 yards as Whitner has known for some time.

You can't push a receiver 5 yards and then shove him into his own bench without having the opposing sideline go ape shit and expect not to get the call.

The play clock is also so subjective that it's almost comical. There are countless games where it needs to be reset, doesn't start on time or starts too early.

Refs make mistakes, they blow calls, and so on. The speed of the game makes it almost impossible to catch everything. There is more than likely a penalty committed on every play by someone, but you just can't watch every player on every play, nor can you call every penalty that is committed. Games would be 5 hours long and have more penalty yards than offense.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
I'll butcher it, but "Never attribute to malice that which can be as easily accomplished through incompetence." comes to mind.

Oh, and if my team (washington) had won, it'd have to have been fixed.

Washington has been fixed in the veterinarial manner for some time.

03cobrajc

Established Member
Sometimes the announcers make me question outcome. Take national championship game. I'm a fan of neither team so I was just watching game. The whole 4th quarter they kept repeating Winston will get his shot to show why he is the heisman winner and he will do it in the same end zone Vince young did against USC. They said that so many times I was waiting for it and it happened.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
You can't link bang-bang calls on the field to conspiracies and game fixing. Refs are going to err on the side of caution from now on - even if the safety in the first video clip did lead with his shoulder and didn't make contact with the receiver's head, watching at full speed sure leads you to believe he did. It's the human element of officiating, it's part of the game.

ViciousJay

Established Member
All sports are rigged, players take cash to throw games all the time. It's not just the players too even the refs do it.

not a conspiracy its just the way of life now

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
reminds me of that episode of the X Files where they show the cigarette smoking man sitting at the table with his illuminati type co-conspirators and theyre going over business and he says "so who do we have to win the Superbowl this year?" one person responds with a team name (cant recall) and he says ok, so team x wins. lol

FiveSpeed

Established Member
lol, this is what whiner fans to in the offseason?

stop trying to tie human error into a mass conspiracy. id like to hear how the SB was rigged, you know with seattle penalized more than double denver. LOL.

wow. as a hawks fan I've dealt with terrible calls(SB XL). its part of the game. sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't.

Hawks gave such an ass whoopin the conspiracy theorists are out. Love it LOL :beer:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Hawks gave such an ass whoopin the conspiracy theorists are out. Love it LOL :beer:

it was the CIA in cahoots with the Israelis!!
willy_nilly.gif

or so AJ says...

Users who are viewing this thread