Is the GT500 already under development?

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
They've seen a few mules on the street already in heavy camo. I'm sure they're going to be aimed at dethroning the hellcat. No doubt it'll be 700+.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Based on the Q&A when an engineer was asked about it he said " well the S550 has really good bones so..."

I think there will be a big boy a year after the GT350

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I'm 80% sure I'm not buying a GT350. So I'll have to find something to hold me over til 2016...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My car has been gone since September. So I gotta find something to hold me over

Oh, well in that case.... I'd go with a 2015 white Z06

2015-Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06-Photoshop-Color-8.jpg

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I think those mules were GT350's. JMO

Could've been. They had very tall hoods, which is why I'm thinking GT500. That may have just been camo. I believe that Ford will be going after the hellcat very soon though.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
All that beautiful work on the vette and STILL has pushrod part numbers in its engine. Imagine a TT Trinity in her? GOOD. GAWD.

@ S550 GT500: Twin Turbo Ecoboost with a FPC Trinity as the long block. Same boost with no power loss from driving the blower, theres your Hellcat killer.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
All that beautiful work on the vette and STILL has pushrod part numbers in its engine. Imagine a TT Trinity in her? GOOD. GAWD.

@ S550 GT500: Twin Turbo Ecoboost with a FPC Trinity as the long block. Same boost with no power loss from driving the blower, theres your Hellcat killer.

They'll never be able to make a 5.8 FPC, that's way too much rotating mass to balance. The 5.2 was difficult enough. Many people said that couldn't be done, and it took a lot of work for them to figure it out.

Voltwings

Established Member
Plus the difficulty of turboing a FPC motor. The point of the flat plane crank is to rev sky high, which is great for N/a and turbos alike, but think about the internals. The internals on an FPC motor need to be light for the aforementioned balancing and high revs, but if its boosted they need to be stronger (read: Heavier) ... i think by definition the needs contradict themselves. A Turbo FPC motor from the factory just doesnt make sense.

93SVTvenom

Established Member
What if the decreased the liters ... say 4.8ish and ecoboosted the heck out of that? Just spit-ballin here. I am no engineer but if size is the issue ... good ole Boost could be the equalizer and still be pushing past 700hp??? Maybe??? Even if they stuck with the trinity and turbo'd it I think it would easily surpass the supercharged version? I think I read the blower cost approx. 100FWHP ..

04svtsnke

Established Member
What if the decreased the liters ... say 4.8ish and ecoboosted the heck out of that? Just spit-ballin here. I am no engineer but if size is the issue ... good ole Boost could be the equalizer and still be pushing past 700hp??? Maybe??? Even if they stuck with the trinity and turbo'd it I think it would easily surpass the supercharged version? I think I read the blower cost approx. 100FWHP ..

More than likely it'll be based closely to the coyote/roadrunner than the FPC for the reasons stated above( although I'd like to see a high revving turbo car as they go hand-n-hand). I'd really like a completely different motor that has nothing to do with the coyote/roadrunner and is gt500 specific but I don't know if its cost effective. I'm also thinking an ecoboost V8 of some sort with 725 to beat the hellcat. If it isn't more, it'll be close enough and will still beat the hellcat in the 1/4.

SCalla1384

Established Member
They'll never be able to make a 5.8 FPC, that's way too much rotating mass to balance. The 5.2 was difficult enough. Many people said that couldn't be done, and it took a lot of work for them to figure it out.

Just like you said many people said a FPC 5.2 couldn't be done, but it was. I'm sure down the road they could figure it out on a 5.8 FPC

Users who are viewing this thread