Is the 93R #84 now retired from pro racing?

kevin

Originally posted by 93SVTCobra
Gene,

But sinc eI had my kids with me we travel at a slower pace with more frequent stops.

what? you haven't got them trained yet???:eek: :eek:

i trained my kids AND wife from the git go. when we need gas, we stop, just as long as it takes to fill 'er up:dw: yup, you heard me:uh oh: . so, now that i have 160 gallons:rockon:

but then you're still young:lol: and can still learn from the jedi's of travel:lol1: :lol1:

:beer: :beer:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Mark,
Can you share the corner weights on the new car? And the #84R?

Someone mentioned a west coast car that also may be "cutting edge". I checked the NASA-west sites but couldn't find it (but I didn't remember the name). Are you aware of this car?

This may be a better question for NASA, but do you know if they will have any new rules for 2005?

Thanks, as always
Doc

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Doc,

The only thing on this car that is a secret is the corner weights. The #84R is about 54-55% front the rest rear.

Not sure which car you are referring to on the west coast.

Rules discussion start next week on www.nasaforums.com

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Originally posted by 1995COBRA-R

Someone mentioned a west coast car that also may be "cutting edge". I checked the NASA-west sites but couldn't find it (but I didn't remember the name). Are you aware of this car?

Thanks, as always
Doc
Doc, I don't know specifics about any cars, but I've heard the big "hot shot" in West Coast AIX racing is Bruce Griggs. Jeremy says he's been talking about how he has the fastest Mustang in the country. He was supposed to come to Mid-Ohio last month, but was a no show. Chris Griswold and Jeremy are talking about going to Vegas in November to take him on.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Mark, Thanks. I understand you have need to keep at least something secret. :thumbsup: for the #84 F/R. I'll check the NASA forum. I like the way NASA does their rules (it's OK if not illegal). SCCA does the opposite (it's not OK unless we say so). At least that is they way I look at it. It seems the NASA way gives the competitors a chance to grow the technology (IMO). It rewards the guy that does the "cutting edge".

Fred, Thanks, I'll check that car out. I assume he must be related to the Griggs aftermarket supplier (or he is the supplier)?

I wonder if those Cheby guys are ever going to step up to the competition in NASA?

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Originally posted by 1995COBRA-R
Fred, Thanks, I'll check that car out. I assume he must be related to the Griggs aftermarket supplier (or he is the supplier)?
From what I'm told, the very one and same guy. I know a couple of the midwest boys would like to show him guys in our part of the world can build some pretty awesome Mustangs as well.

Jeremy's (and probably Chris Griswold's car as well) are built for brute speed using huge horsepower for AIX. While he did some fabrication work, it basically remains a Mustang body (99 Cobra) and chasis. Mark and Brian's on the other hand is pretty impressive because it appears to me to be completely engineered from the ground up. That's some awesome work and I've heard the "silent partner" played a big role in that.

Gene Borton has built a car from the ground up as well, but again it seems to rely heavily on a high horsepower engine and doesn't seem to have the same sophistication that Mark and Brian's has. Plus it never seems to be able to finish a race.

Users who are viewing this thread