Is ok to run 2.8 with no tune????

svt03cobra10th

Established Member
Not trying to freak anyone out, I am not that dumb, but I needed to get your attention so that I can get an answer.

This coming week I will be installing, Accufab TB, 2.8, 95mm Maf, Predator, Bassani catted X and Catback, NGK TR6s.

Here is the question?

As long as I stay out of the boost, can I drive the car to the dyno like that? The dyno is only about 20 minutes away and I can stay off the interstate will never have to break about 3000 rpms or 50 mph. Thanxx in advance.

Don

97cobraheaven

Established Member
i would imagine if you arent using boost then you shuld be fine, i talked to some ford mechanics the other day that have had quite a few guys come in with fried pistons cause they were running to lean, but they probably been runnin without a tune for a while

TRBO VNM

I would baby it like you had a fried clutch and limp it there just for safety. While the factory boost gauge might not show you in boost, you might be. And just a few #'s might not do anything, but why risk it. Just take your time.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
As long as you are at partial throttle you'll be in closed loop and as long as your new MAF is working properly the computer will keep you at stoichiometric A/F, so it's OK. The only problem would be if the new MAF was weird, confusing the computer. Just go easy and it should be fine. The other option, if you're worried, is to not change the MAF until you get to the dyno. All the other mods won't be a problem at partial throttle.

Users who are viewing this thread