Is it worth it?

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
OK well thanks for telling the whole story this time, it is hard to go off what you have said in the OP and other posts. If it was rebuilt by ford I am assuming they used factory ford parts so it is still a stock motor. I would say if your motor truly has that many miles then it should be good for some fun. Also to make sure that this dude didnt lie to you on this too, I would call the ford dealer and make sure that the engine was rebuilt, also I believe that carfax might also have this info if the dealer did it then it should be documented.

You should be able to have a ford dealer look it up on their OASIS system.. If ford did it, OASIS will tell you everything

No one is here to bash you unless you make ignorant claims, or completely lack any common sense, yah know, because YOU DID START A THREAD CLAIMING YOUR CAR MADE 390RWHP

Last edited:

mystical

Established Member
Dang thats low mileage. Ive got 141k with all the bolt ons and im gonna be adding a blower soon on top of that. Mileage doesnt scare me as long as its been maintained.

Damn man, I hope you've got money set aside for when she blows.

97SlickSerpent

Established Member
No one is here to bash you unless you make ignorant claims, or completely lack any common sense, yah know, because YOU DID START A THREAD CLAIMING YOUR CAR MADE 390RWHP

I admit I should've probably kept to myself until I had a bit more information on the subject but I was excited yah know:-D And I also wouldn't have posted engine bay pics had I not been looking for some kind of confirmation from you guys. I wasn't looking to brag and rub it in everyone's face, I was simply looking for some info.;-)

94venomV8

Established Member
We know you werent bragging dude, and we are trying to help you out but it just seems that you didnt get a straight story when buying the car and like said above if you want to confirm everything any ford dealer will have info. But now that I know the info on the deal from you, I have a feeling that you will find out the car wasnt rebuilt and you were lied to (again) and your car has the factory motor with 126K on it. I know it can be exciting buying a new car and you didnt make a bad deal by any means. You just need to figure out what you actually have before posting questions about it. I have learned through posting that if you have most of the dumb questions answered before posting you will get a quick answer and a lot less BS.

You really do need to find out what is done to your car though as 50-60K miles is alot different then more then double that. If I had 126K I wouldnt worry so much about modding as I would saving for a new (built) motor so you can really have fun

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Back to my question. What could the rattling sound be? It might be just because I suck at driving a standard:shrug:

Your original question was"Is it worth modding an engine with 50-60k miles".:shrug:

I say juice it, toss a 200 shot on it. The worst that can happen is it blows up.

97SlickSerpent

Established Member
Your original question was"Is it worth modding an engine with 50-60k miles".:shrug:

I say juice it, toss a 200 shot on it. The worst that can happen is it blows up.

I didnt say original question;-) And thats the exact opposite of where Im trying to get

Users who are viewing this thread