Is it worth it?

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
that isn't bad mileage at all. your going to have to be more specific in how your wanting to mess with it but i don't see why the motor can't handle some abuse.

TRIPLEBLK03

Established Member
BASIC bolt ons she will be fine, as long as engine was maintained. 50-60k miles is nothing, could prolly toss a 75 shot on and be done with it:rockon:

97SlickSerpent

Established Member
Nothing major for now. Hopefully some F/I but that wont be for QUITE awhile. This is kinda off topic, but when accelerating from a stop, at the beginning of first, it sounds like something is rattling or getting shook loose in the engine. What could it be?

fast_lane

Cobra Junkie
Established Member
Nothing major for now. Hopefully some F/I but that wont be for QUITE awhile. This is kinda off topic, but when accelerating from a stop, at the beginning of first, it sounds like something is rattling or getting shook loose in the engine. What could it be?

Are you using Premium or at least 91 octane? Also do you see any smoke coming from the back end when it knocks?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member

It does it only in first from a stop? No other gear?

Knee-jerk reaction would have been to wonder if a u-joint is becoming worn, but I would think you should notice that in more than first gear if you're on and off the gas peddle at all...

Wish4svts

Established Member
maybe the car had 126k while the motor had less? previous owner may or may not have rebuilt it..

Exactly!! Last time I checked it was legal to rebuild your engine, therefore the engine has less miles than the car!!!:dancenana:

But smartass aside, I hope the guy you bought it from didn't tell you he rebuilt it. Remember, he's the same one that said it had 390 rwhp N/A!

BraMas

Established Member
Didn't you make this post? "Its got 126k on it. Pretty low mileage. And Im from Rowlett"
And if the same owner that told you the false HP rating told you the engine only had 50-60k on it I would be very skeptical on anything that guy told you. just my .02

Last edited:

skate47e

Established Member
50- 60 isnt bad, My 95 cobra has 105 and im doin bolt ons. You'll be more than fine.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Didn't you make this post? "Its got 126k on it. Pretty low mileage. And Im from Rowlett"
And if the same owner that told you the false HP rating told you the engine only had 50-60k on it I would be very skeptical on anything that guy told you. just my .02

:poke:

I'm sure the OP is going to provide excellent entertainment in the near future

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i'm really trying to be on the op's side but damn. tell us everything the seller told you about the car and then we can go from there.

94venomV8

Established Member
Exactly!! Last time I checked it was legal to rebuild your engine, therefore the engine has less miles than the car!!!:dancenana:

But smartass aside, I hope the guy you bought it from didn't tell you he rebuilt it. Remember, he's the same one that said it had 390 rwhp N/A!

Yeah except how would he know the motor was rebuilt??? The old owner said so...oh well I dont even have to say anything else then. Not to mention if the previous owner did rebuild it then why on earth would he leave it stock when he obviously was beating it enough to blow a stock car up at 60,000 miles. Also if he did rebuild the motor why would he not say that in his other post stating what was done to it. You would think the owner would bring that up too. If the cars motor was rebuilt it also probably wouldnt of sold for 5K.

97SlickSerpent

Established Member
I didn't post it in my other threads because my dad was the one that met and talked to him and he told me it made 390. I called the previous owner yesterday and discussed everything. He said the car was all stock except for the K&N and he didn't claim it made 390. Dont know why my dad told me that but he did. The engine was rebuilt by ford because it went out cause of a manufacturer defect. Something to do with the pistons. And the noise doesn't sound like its coming from any side to me. Sounds like its somewhere right in the middle. And no smoke or anything. Only makes the noise between 1-2k or so rpm and then I dont hear it again. And I only put it 93 octane

And I'm still new to all this so if youre just here to bash, gtfo

Last edited:

94venomV8

Established Member
OK well thanks for telling the whole story this time, it is hard to go off what you have said in the OP and other posts. If it was rebuilt by ford I am assuming they used factory ford parts so it is still a stock motor. I would say if your motor truly has that many miles then it should be good for some fun. Also to make sure that this dude didnt lie to you on this too, I would call the ford dealer and make sure that the engine was rebuilt, also I believe that carfax might also have this info if the dealer did it then it should be documented.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
the seller should have some sort or receipt for the engine being rebuilt. i know i keep every receipt for my car.

Users who are viewing this thread