Is it totaled?

LS-WHAT?

Established Member
Please tell me it is totaled

2011-04-30_13-22-55_491.jpg

2011-04-30_13-23-00_726.jpg

2011-04-30_13-35-16_881.jpg

2011-04-30_13-43-57_515.jpg

It happened today. My sister was driving, My mom was in the passenger, my 4 year old niece was in the back along with one of our family friends and her 7 year old daughter. Some dumb chick was texting while driving and hit my sister on the freeway. My sister was going 60 when she got hit and it made that much damage. She said she felt the seat belt tighten up and slam her back in her seat.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
the way that thing is crumpled up I would say you have a good shot of it being totaled. th cost of replacing that crap probably exceeds the insurance "totaled" threshold

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
What year? If it set off the seatbelt retractors that's big money but it'll depend the year and how the subframe looks.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
If that car took a 60mph hit and that's the only damage, i am extremely amazed. That looks like about a hit from something going half that speed.

Doesn't look totaled.

LS-WHAT?

Established Member
2005. and the driver's side rear door rests over the rear quarter panel when it closes. BTW, this was not my sister's car. It's mine.

LS-WHAT?

Established Member
I'm just happy everyone is ok and she did not loose control when it happened. The other lady did not even hit the brakes before the collision. She was too busy texting.

OneSlowCobra

JackStand Racing :(
Established Member
if the subframe is ok and no airbags went off it wont be a bad fix. Rear bumper cover, both rear quarters, trunk lid, emblems, paint, labor, interior pieces but some might be able to be saved. It will probably be totaled but i fix shit like that at work all the time and sell it off.

LS-WHAT?

Established Member
No airbags were deployed and there was no intrusion to the passenger compartment. Not even any damaged glass. The car will not turn on because the battery was in the back and the cables were stripped from the battery. I could see the battery and spare tire from the outside.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Man, how fast was the other car going? That's a heck of a lot of damage. Judging by the damage done, I'd say everyone in the car is very fortunate. If the hit had been on the left or right corner it is possible it could have swerved into another lane or off the road. Scary! And the other driver was TEXTING? :mj: I wish they would enforce anti-texting laws more, and give out much more severe penalties to offenders.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
No, My sister was driving 60 when she got hit.
Damn, good thing everyone is ok. My girl also got rear ended (by me), seriously though she was hit while starting to accelerate maybe to 5mph on a left turning light and a guy in a Tacoma was doing 60....
Yea that was a total, thank goodness your sisters wasn't that bad, everyone in the back would've been crushed.

White04GT

Established Member
Sucks man. Glad everyone is ok. I have a 04 gt kb 2.6 with 600rwhp for sale if interested.I live in houston as well

Users who are viewing this thread