is it too late to put a pulley on

svt4cobra6

I have an 03 cobra that is going off of warranty in a few months, 64k miles and I drive it about 25 miles a day. Just wondering if a chip and pulley would effect gas mileage when driven easy and are there too many miles on the motor now, seems to run just like new. Also I would get the heat exchanger and most likely go with a 2.93 pulley.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
It's never too late. Mileage will not change much as long as you stay out of the boost (yeah right!).

rexisme

Established Member
I have an 03 cobra that is going off of warranty in a few months, 64k miles and I drive it about 25 miles a day. Just wondering if a chip and pulley would effect gas mileage when driven easy and are there too many miles on the motor now, seems to run just like new. Also I would get the heat exchanger and most likely go with a 2.93 pulley.

Just do it..... i love it when people worry about what mods will effect their gas mileage.... you drive a ****ing cobra, if you can't afford to put gas in it, you can't afford the car... jesus christ.

orange_whiner

Pro-class stoplight racer
Established Member

your engine is ready for new rings, bearings, and cam followers. They should all be replaced at 65,000 mi.

:lol:
I am at 75,000 mi. 10,000 of which were with a 2.93, it's an engine keep it maintained and you will not have any problems:bored:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
your engine is ready for new rings, bearings, and cam followers. They should all be replaced at 65,000 mi.

:lol:
I am at 75,000 mi. 10,000 of which were with a 2.93, it's an engine keep it maintained and you will not have any problems:bored:

are you serious? I'm at 80k with no engine work, and no mods except intake/exhaust/tune

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
after a pulley you will be kicking yourself in the ass for not doing it sooner

I don't think it affects gas mileage much, if you dd just stay away from the boost (if you can)

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
after a pulley you will be kicking yourself in the ass for not doing it sooner

I don't think it affects gas mileage much, if you dd just stay away from the boost (if you can)

I waited 3 years to do it.....I missed out on 3 years of 80 extra hp and tq!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

1. A chip is a thing from the past
2. Find a tuner and have it Tuned
3. 2.93 is a relatively mild pulley
4. Are you really worried about gas mileage?
5. You really don't need a Heat Exchanger if you haven't already needed one.
6. Just go do it and stop worrying.

Users who are viewing this thread