Is it ready for emissions?

Boogie Chillin

Pew, pew, ... pew, pew, pew.
Established Member
I put it in for inspections and take it back out. One for looks, two for four tunes I have with EGR turned off prior to needing it for the government.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

alxsaleen05

Hello all, I'm new to here, I have a 2013 GT500 that has the O2 sensors not ready. I have driven the car for approx 250 miles and still can't pass the inspection. I believe the cause was the replace meant of the battery. Any suggestions on how to get this fix? Thanks.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
No it doesn't. All it really does is clean up the engine compartment. It's supposed to help with MPG, but I was able to tune my 01 to get the same MPG it got with the EGR in place. The EGR isn't active at idle or WOT.

Thought EGR helps MPG? Isnt that the whole point same cylinder volume/pressure less O2 so less fuel?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Thought EGR helps MPG? Isnt that the whole point same cylinder volume/pressure less O2 so less fuel?
That's what I've been told. Granted I've only dealt with two cars. The first being the 01 I mentioned where I completely deleted everything. It got the same MPG afterwards as it did before the delete. Maybe the system wasn't working right. I kept getting some flow code after putting on headers. I did everything I could to try and fix it. But in the end I gave up and tore it out.

My 04 still remains to be seen as the tune isn't 100% finished yet. I'm waiting for my ECU to come back so I can finish dialing it in.

nxhappy

Established Member
Hello all, I'm new to here, I have a 2013 GT500 that has the O2 sensors not ready. I have driven the car for approx 250 miles and still can't pass the inspection. I believe the cause was the replace meant of the battery. Any suggestions on how to get this fix? Thanks.
50 miles driving highway only, 50 miles city. can be done in a day ...

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member

Were the O2 sensors "Ready" prior to the battery replacement? That is, did it pass Emissions test the last time??

If you passed Emissions previously and the ONLY thing you did was change the battery, then they should reset to "Ready" on their own. But it helps if you follow the official 'drive cycle' protocol listed on this page: http://www.obdii.com/drivecycleford.html

I have reset mine a few times using that 'drive cycle' protocol and all the sensors reset within about 20 miles of driving.

Sprchd83

Established Member
How about in MA? Anyone have trouble with high flow cats in MA? I know when I had one on my '03 Evolution, I had to pad out the downstream o2 sensor with a spark plug anti fowler to get them to pass.

Users who are viewing this thread