is it possible to turn off rear o2s and disconnect them at harness?

twistid

Established Member
Running long tubes front o2s only (rear o2s disconnected at harness) and currently getting p0141 and p0161. I called my tuner and he said he wasn't sure, he would try to delete the rear o2s but that even if they were removed I still needed to have them plugged in or else the ecu would possibly see a wiring fault.

I told him I cannot be the only person to only run front o2s on this car but he said he wasn't sure.

Does anyone have experience doing this?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
mine are done like that right now and theres no problem...as long as theyre turned off in the tune it doesnt matter if theyre plugged in or not

scott_0

Established Member
I cant imagine if theyre turned off, that theyd be an issue completely disconnected. try it and see man

scott_0

Established Member
^^ well there you have it, this gentleman offers a lot good information on this board, so Id say you can take it to the bank so to speak

cb900f

Established Member
Running long tubes front o2s only (rear o2s disconnected at harness) and currently getting p0141 and p0161. I called my tuner and he said he wasn't sure, he would try to delete the rear o2s but that even if they were removed I still needed to have them plugged in or else the ecu would possibly see a wiring fault.

I told him I cannot be the only person to only run front o2s on this car but he said he wasn't sure.

Does anyone have experience doing this?

I tried it with mine, and it threw an engine code.

I'm guessing b/c mine is setup to pass emission testing? Not sure.

nosscort

Established Member
Yup mine are not in the car.. shaun from aed and adam from rev auto have mine turned off and I removed them completely and I have no issues

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
There's a spot in the tune to tell tell the computer how many rear 02s are present. You just set it to NONE and you're good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread