Is anyone running a 80 - 84mm turbo and 6 speed?

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Only combos I can seem to find as far as single turbos are t76 people with 6 speed/autos and 88mm guys with autos...

I remember a shop were I am at had a single turbo cobra with an 88 and mostly stock everything else, including heads, cams, and transmission. I can only assume the spool time on that would kind of suck...

I really want to keep manual but want to make over 900rwhp with a single if possible...

Would a 82mm turbo on e85 or race gas get the job done? I have a stroker kit, ported heads, cams.

I just don't want lag to be terrible, however I don't really want to go auto either. If this isn't possible guess I will just go twin turbo but would rather not.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Nope, I didn't know that.

I thought that a 76 on a 331 or smaller motor with less than 9.0:1 compression topped out at low 800s?

That would be awesome if I could get 900+ rwhp with a 76...

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
No reason to go that large of a turbo with a manual. You will HATE how it drives. A 76 from Borg or Precision will easily make 900rwhp. Several are making over 1k on E85.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Just build the motor with more compression and use less boost.. Problem solved, and no lag issues lol.. E85 is your friend as well

itSSlow98

Established Member
Yea id go with the preicison 7676 or the new turbonetics 7675. Either one at 900rwhp will underperform with a 6 speed.

GhostRiderblk

GhostRider
Established Member
An 84 is Big, Pro Mods use 88's:lol1:
i use single 88mm on street... promods use twins...

No reason to go that large of a turbo with a manual. You will HATE how it drives. A 76 from Borg or Precision will easily make 900rwhp. Several are making over 1k on E85.
a billet 88mm or smaller spools nice with a auto....

Just build the motor with more compression and use less boost.. Problem solved, and no lag issues lol.. E85 is your friend as well
i dont agree totally
if your trying to be reliable and street all the time. more compression means more heat remember that,,, and we all know what happens when things get hot :burnout:

badblacklx

Established Member
Pt7675 or twin 50s the key to a fast manual most of the time is a good midrange power not necessarily peak numbers. Intake runner length choice and cams play a large roll in this also. Do not use a Sullivan intake on a manual car unless you plan to spin it to the moon go with a 99/01 or Mach intake with either stock runner length or at the least 10.5 runners. IMO.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Pt7675 or twin 50s the key to a fast manual most of the time is a good midrange power not necessarily peak numbers. Intake runner length choice and cams play a large roll in this also. Do not use a Sullivan intake on a manual car unless you plan to spin it to the moon go with a 99/01 or Mach intake with either stock runner length or at the least 10.5 runners. IMO.
Very true.

03cobrarocks

Established Member

Nice! Yea I think I rember a white terminator on here running hp turbo kit with 50s and his track times where better than most people with the twin 57.

Users who are viewing this thread