Is anyone having this issue??

Shelbyman

Established Member
[FONT=&amp]I was on our club’s wine tour this last weekend and noticed a rattling sound coming from what seemed to be the front of the gear box area under the trans tunnel. It was most noticeable while creeping along at 20-30mph in traffic. It was noticeable enough for my girlfriend to comment on it. Its not the first time I’ve noticed it as a friend mentioned it while riding with me. Sometimes you can make it go away by putting the gearbox in neutral and letting the car coast…sometimes not. It’s a bit puzzling as I was trying to think is it gearbox (like input shaft bearing etc) , throw out bearing, or even noise from the trans cooler pump. I was waiting till I had some miles to see if that would mitigate the issue. So now with about 1350mi nothing has gotten any better…might be worse.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Since the cars are so new I was wondering if any of you have heard anything of this nature on any of the other cars? It definitely strikes me as something unusual as this wouldn’t be something I would call a normal sound at all. The cars ability to shift isn’t impacted although I would say the Tremec isn’t the smoothest shifting gear box I’ve ever experienced.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Appreciate any feedback anyon[FONT=&amp]e ha[FONT=&amp]s[/FONT][/FONT].[/FONT]

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I have a slight rattle at certain rpm from the same area. I smacked the side of the console and it went away for the rest of the ride haha

ironcore10

Established Member
I notice a rattle in 1st and 2nd gear but it goes away at 3rd gear. Are your breaks super squeaky. I feel like mine are just stupid annoying...

dffej51

Established Member
I just picked up my new GT350 yesterday and can definitely hear piston clatter in first and second gears as described above. It is during acceleration and you can only hear it with the windows open but it is loud enough that both me and my passenger noticed it right away. It usually starts and stops half way through accelerating in either gear. This car had only 6 miles on it when I bought it so it is brand new. Is this a known problem?

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I just picked up my new GT350 yesterday and can definitely hear the transmission "chattering" sound in first and second gears as described above. It is during acceleration and you can only hear it with the windows open but it is loud enough that both me and my passenger noticed it right away. It usually starts and stops half way through accelerating in either gear. This car had only 6 miles on it when I bought it so it is brand new. Is this a known problem?

I think there's just a lot more NVh with this car due to the fpc. Not enough to bother me

bpmurr

Established Member
I notice a rattle in 1st and 2nd gear but it goes away at 3rd gear. Are your breaks super squeaky. I feel like mine are just stupid annoying...

My brakes are super squeaky during low speed or low pedal pressure braking. It's pretty annoying.

I hear some clutch chatter as well at low RPMS.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
My brakes are super squeaky during low speed or low pedal pressure braking. It's pretty annoying.

I hear some clutch chatter as well at low RPMS.

I don't have either issue and I'm at 5k miles

Snoopy49

Established Member
Your vehicle is equipped with a twin disc clutch. Due to the high performance of the powertrain, a certain amount of noise from the transmission is normal.

Your vehicle is equipped with a brake system designed for high speed and superior fade resistance. You may notice occasional brake squeal and elevated levels of brake dust. This is normal and does not affect brake system performance.

I had the same problems with my 2013 GT500. No problem with clutch after it was broken in and I changed to ceramic pads and that took care of the squeal and dust. I don't beat on my car, so this was a fix for me.

Last edited:

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
Maybe this will help from ford

image.jpg

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
I found it on gt350.org. On their forums. A member there has access I guess to ford and posed several about this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread