Is a stroker kit with stock block a bad idea?

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Well mine is just going to be stroked to a 302 and maybe bored a tad becuase using existing block... that wouldnt make it bigger than a 306 would it?

Well just the stroker its self makes it a 298. By boring the block .02 you get the added displacement to add up to 300 ci, which is 5.0 liters. Now if you are willing to(I'm not) bore the block .07 then you get a 5.1L stroker.

Dots490

Banned
I had Prolineraceengines.com put together a stroker kit for me, and my engine builder build the longblock. Stroker kit ran me $2900 and the machine work, gaskets, ARP studs etc cost me $1800. This was to redo my longblock, heads cost another $3000 to get them cnc ported. Money well spent!

GodStang

Established Member
Proline is one of the best on the market today. I would stay away from DSS. There mod engines are known to have very short lives even on low HP cars.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I had Prolineraceengines.com put together a stroker kit for me, and my engine builder build the longblock. Stroker kit ran me $2900 and the machine work, gaskets, ARP studs etc cost me $1800. This was to redo my longblock, heads cost another $3000 to get them cnc ported. Money well spent!

Proline is one of the best on the market today. I would stay away from DSS. There mod engines are known to have very short lives even on low HP cars.

+2 on Proline Racing.

Dots490

Banned
+2 on Proline Racing.

I might also add that shipping and everything went very smooth. I spent awhile on the phone with them talking about my goals, and uses and they pieced together the perfect kit for me! Mine includes Oliver I-Beam rods and Manley pistons, along with a lot of other goodies!

I suggest giving them a call, mine is rated for 1150hp but can hold more.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
I might also add that shipping and everything went very smooth. I spent awhile on the phone with them talking about my goals, and uses and they pieced together the perfect kit for me! Mine includes Oliver I-Beam rods and Manley pistons, along with a lot of other goodies!

I suggest giving them a call, mine is rated for 1150hp but can hold more.

thanks bro i think ill go with proline...ive heard only AMAZING THINGS

Users who are viewing this thread