is a reflash standard procedure with a regular oil change?

SL0W5.0

Established Member
my car went in to ford dealership for the first oil change and tire rotation. and idk but it doesnt seem as fast as before. maybe its in my head but kinda feels like it did before i got my bama 93R tune. is there any way i can verify what tune is loaded with the sct programmer? is that something they would even touch?

Last edited:

draxxus131

Established Member
Did you remove the tune before going into the dealership for servicing?

I really hope you did, otherwise Ford may have just "bricked" your tune, and by that I mean you may have to email BAMA & SCT.

Last edited:

SL0W5.0

Established Member
Did you remove the tune before going into the dealership for servicing?

I really hope you did, otherwise Ford may have just "bricked" your tune, and by that I mean you may have to email BAMA & SCT.

no i did not. why would they even touch that! its just a damn oil change im gonna be super pissed if they did.
i dint remove it because it probably would not run right with stock tune and with the intake on.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Sounds like its in your head. But you could reload the tune

SL0W5.0

Established Member
yes it probably is and its gonna bug the shit out of me until i go to the track and find out for sure

debit_free_2010

Established Member
no i did not. why would they even touch that! its just a damn oil change im gonna be super pissed if they did.
i dint remove it because it probably would not run right with stock tune and with the intake on.

If there's an update from Ford, it's standard for them to update the strategy. They loaded a new strategy update on my truck when I took it in for service last time.

That's why you need to tell them to not install any updates, and it's a good idea to put a cap on the OBD port.

http://www.steeda.com/store/images/products/555-1260.jpg

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
If there's an update from Ford, it's standard for them to update the strategy. They loaded a new strategy update on my truck when I took it in for service last time.

That's why you need to tell them to not install any updates, and it's a good idea to put a cap on the OBD port.

http://www.steeda.com/store/images/products/555-1260.jpg

What time of service did you go in for. Cause all the quick lanes I've seen at ford dont even have that equipment in there bays to flash your car

Zemedici

Established Member
No. Oil change is done in quick lane. Which does tires/brakes/bulbs/and oil changes. They do not even have the equipment to change your tune.

And unless there was a recall on your vehicles PCM or something of the sort, the computer was not reflashed last time you took your truck in for service. It was probably an update to the SYNC system, which happens often. It is not free to update/flash your PCM, Ford won't be handing it out with oil changes as a thank you. Ha

Even if the dealer was busy and a technician snagged it to do the oil change, he will not hook it up to the computer for an oil change.

Last edited:

ajpturbo

Established Member
If you didn't specify for them not to reflash the computer they've done nothing wrong if they did do an update

ajpturbo

Established Member
No. Oil change is done in quick lane. Which does tires/brakes/bulbs/and oil changes. They do not even have the equipment to change your tune.

You mean they don't have a laptop and VCM II that can be carried around lol? That's all it takes....Not some big super computer.

And your info is totally wrong. I know from experience. Often times if there is an update for a vehicle they make the change the first chance possible. It's automatic when they enter the vin to check for updates and if needed then they do it and they won't go out of their way to see if you have a tune on your car. They have no reason to ask...They don't ask the guy with a fiesta so just because you have a mustang and you think it's special, it's just a car to them.

There are way more mustangs on the road that don't have tunes than ones that do, so if you think it's crazy that they would or could automatically reflash your computer you are actually the crazy one lol

Last edited:

draxxus131

Established Member
When re-loading your tune just be careful and remember everything that happens. If something does happen, your tuning device may get locked out because of the possible new "strategy" the ECU is using. If this happens immediately email Bama, they may have to redirect you towards SCT.

draxxus131

Established Member
Telling from the IMG, that is just your device memory of what is stored on said BAMA device, correct me if I'm wrong.

SL0W5.0

Established Member
When re-loading your tune just be careful and remember everything that happens. If something does happen, your tuning device may get locked out because of the possible new "strategy" the ECU is using. If this happens immediately email Bama, they may have to redirect you towards SCT.

ok what should i look for, the car drives fine so ill probably leave it alone for now. since sct customer service is closed. in fact ill mess with it on wednesday since i have a midterm on tuesday and not taking any chances

scotmach

Established Member
If your mods (This is where the signature would be helpful) include deleting the cats or a CAI with a bigger MAF you would know something is up really quickly.

Rct851

Established Member
I was a quick lane guy for a year and a half. The oil change would have been done in about 5 minutes then out of my stall as fast as possible so I can move into the crown vic in line behind you with 136000 miles on it. Atleast I could upsell and make money off that one. Nobody in the garage would give a crap about your tune during an oil change.

It's in your head

SL0W5.0

Established Member
Yup probably is. Doesn't say much for Bama when I can't tell if the tune is on or off lol

Users who are viewing this thread