is a GT500 a Cobra?

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
What that would tell me is that vehicle performance (and the associated hardware) was compromised in search of a quick marketing buck, and that the company "sold out" when it comes to true automotive enthusiasts.

Hardware > graphics

Indeed. Welcome to selling products to the masses. It's all mind games when it comes to selling nowadays. It's important to know people's hot buttons. Psychology runs deep in modern marketing. It looks like in this case, mind games win out over function.

Last edited:

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
When Cobra people call it a Cobra, Shelby guys say its a shelby even though it has a cobra on it, cobra DNA, built buy SVT etc..

When Shelby guys call it a Shelby, Cobra guys say he didnt have a hand in it, it only bares the name, etc..

Is it an SVT Shelby? cause I don't think so...

Is it a Shelby Cobra? nah..

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
de719971265c96f18f85b32f92e415f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
As bad as the diese bros calling their trucks by the engine size. " got that 7.3 bro or that 6.7"

Jason G76

SVT build
Established Member
I'm sure somewhere along the line with you yahoos this has been brought up but my buddy with a 2014 GT500 always talks about his "cobra" then seems to get offended when I tell him you own a Shelby and Cobra died in 2004. He has no argument besides it has a snake logo but to me it's clear, nowhere in the paperwork or on the car does it say Cobra. Thoughts? Btw it's not a cobra

Absolutely correct, the car has no SVT badge
It is not a cobra.... Shelby can not make a car a cobra , Ford does
I do not know why they put that snake on there... that's like me putting a snake on my GT... sort of

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Ford does not make Terminators.

Skynet does.
Or, WILL in the future.

Ford are the people that gave it that designation. Read Iron Fist Lead Foot. The name Terminator is even on the Cobra documents.

Not that I care either way, but they gave it that name for a specific reason.

Users who are viewing this thread