Irwindale

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
i was their last week as well i was the guy in the dsg coupe talked to a couple of you guys in the sonic blue cars i had a best et of 8.22 @86mph it was my first time taking the car to the track had a blast just need more seat time
Yeah i talked to you. Nice time. I ended with an 8.31 @86.90.

08blkshelby

Established Member
Damn that sucks man. Broke 5 times all bad. Yea both have their pros and cons I guess. Any other machs run tonight? I wanted to come since my buddy was gonna run in his 08 GT500, but im tryna stack every penny that I can for the next mustang. He was running 7.1 @ 91. Its a blue shelby, dont know if you noticed it or not.

I believe there were about 5 Machs. A buddy of mine showed with his grey GT500 but didn't notice a blue one. Lots of Termis also.

Lmao!:lol: you guys must be color blind cause I could have sworn it was a black with white striped gt500. And she ran a 7.1 at 97 mph

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Lmao!:lol: you guys must be color blind cause I could have sworn it was a black with white striped gt500. And she ran a 7.1 at 97 mph

That's what I said black with white stripes buddy, what the hell you takin about!!?? Lmao. I havent seen your car in so long I actually forgot lol.

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
Ran an 8.2 tonight, big time for me, I know it's small time for a lot of you guys but I started with a 9.6 haha! Hey it's a MT with street radials. Ran with T56ls102 the first run and he was here with me tonight giving me tips on my launch, even dropping pressure on my tires. I run 285 MT street comps (for now). DA5Deuce, was that your black 5.0 tonight? Either way, I need some DR's and can't wait to get into the 7's!

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
th_20130725_172914_zpsd4274376.jpg

Here's a vid of my first run...8.9. Hopefully it works.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Ran an 8.2 tonight, big time for me, I know it's small time for a lot of you guys but I started with a 9.6 haha! Hey it's a MT with street radials. Ran with T56ls102 the first run and he was here with me tonight giving me tips on my launch, even dropping pressure on my tires. I run 285 MT street comps (for now). DA5Deuce, was that your black 5.0 tonight? Either way, I need some DR's and can't wait to get into the 7's!

Nice times bro!! I haven't been there in a couple of weeks actuallybut seeing as everyone wants to start coming out finally I might head back out and be a spectator. What's your plans for the car?

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
Nice times bro!! I haven't been there in a couple of weeks actuallybut seeing as everyone wants to start coming out finally I might head back out and be a spectator. What's your plans for the car?

Thanks, for right now in all honesty, just bolt ons and maybe a set of slicks. I want to see what I could do with a sticky tire and then go from there but I've tossed around the idea of nitrous. Had the car for about 2 years now so it's been a slow process.

Can't wait to head out there again. .. I want some cooler weather

It wasn't too too bad yesterday but yeah I'd like to see what my times would be with some cooler weather.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Thanks, for right now in all honesty, just bolt ons and maybe a set of slicks. I want to see what I could do with a sticky tire and then go from there but I've tossed around the idea of nitrous. Had the car for about 2 years now so it's been a slow process.

A coyote with nitrous and a tire= breaking alot of hearts in the 1/8th. Definitely a low 7 high 6 sec car depending on the shot :beer:

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
If im not mistaken neither is "THAT" expensive right? Especially the nitrous. Or are the prices and line setup different from the new edge/SN95 group? Im curious.

I think I've seen wet set ups for about a grand, unless u go used which I'm usually a big fan of slightly used parts, but not in this case. I'd go new. Then u factor in tune and dyno time you're probably looking at just under 2. There's probably ppl that can get it cheaper but I think that's a solid ball park. Something u could probably piece together too.

That being said, I'd love just a set of slicks and I know I could crank out decent times. I know a lot of guys go DR but I figure I'm not dd the tire anyways so why not kill the middle man and get the big dogs lol. But maybe a DR would be better...I'm reading slicks can actually hurt u if ur not pushing serious torque

Last edited:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I think I've seen wet set ups for about a grand, unless u go used which I'm usually a big fan of slightly used parts, but not in this case. I'd go new. Then u factor in tune and dyno time you're probably looking at just under 2. There's probably ppl that can get it cheaper but I think that's a solid ball park. Something u could probably piece together too.

That being said, I'd love just a set of slicks and I know I could crank out decent times. I know a lot of guys go DR but I figure I'm not dd the tire anyways so why not kill the middle man and get the big dogs lol. But maybe a DR would be better...I'm reading slicks can actually hurt u if ur not pushing serious torque

I mean two grand plus the $800 or so bucks for some full on mickey slicks I think is worth it imo. You'll go from mid to low 8's to high 6's or low 7's in the 9xmph range. Both mods by themselves are GREAT but together they are a dangerous DUO

BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

2une2u5y.jpg

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
Problem is I've spent so much on this car in the last couple months that the wifey is starting to crack down haha

Users who are viewing this thread