Irs/rearend rebuild

Tractionless1

Established Member
so the FRPP gears on the full tilt boogie webite aren't any good?

Feel free to email me direct so I can answer your questions faster [email protected]

I was explicitly steered away from FRPP gears no matter where they are source from. OE are std. Ford, you can probably pick up a used set in the market even if you want a larger ring. FWIW I made 560 w/tq. with a ported Eaton and spinnin up with 27" NT05r drag radials is cake in first, couldn't imagine anything larger gear-wise. Also take note car made 710 w/tq. with 100 dry shot added in. Making tq. isn't a problem for the motor nor driveline.

snakedoctor

Established Member
Ughh. Just got a call from the 2nd Ford dealership. They are saying with a used unit that they found plus labor is gonna be $4000. I'm not doing that. So with that said if I'm gonna spend the money I mind as well upgrade it because I'm eventually gonna go for 600 horsepower. What are my options? Tractionless your guy that rebuilt yours, where is he located?

evolve

Established Member
DIY amigo. There are a few writeups and plenty of advice both here and YouTube. Also may be worth getting a Haynes manual.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Ughh. Just got a call from the 2nd Ford dealership. They are saying with a used unit that they found plus labor is gonna be $4000. I'm not doing that. So with that said if I'm gonna spend the money I mind as well upgrade it because I'm eventually gonna go for 600 horsepower. What are my options? Tractionless your guy that rebuilt yours, where is he located?

Michigan. contact me via email for faster response, there's no way I can be on the forum weekly let alone daily, too busy.

snakedoctor

Established Member
ok, so I have a center section on the way and I'm gonna replace the pinion flange while I'm at it. Is there any additional parts that I need while I"m at it? Can all the bolts and nuts be reused or is there some that need to be replaced?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
ok, so I have a center section on the way and I'm gonna replace the pinion flange while I'm at it. Is there any additional parts that I need while I"m at it? Can all the bolts and nuts be reused or is there some that need to be replaced?

why are you going to replace the pinion flange? is the center section not terminator-specific?

if you do replace the pinion flange you will need to consider the pinion bearing preload unless the gears were built with a solid spacer

Users who are viewing this thread