IRS knuckle assembly

Strikeking10

Established Member
Does anyone know where the best place to get just the knuckle assembly is? Everything I find is the hub and knuckle, only the inner part of my left knuckle is damaged.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Do you mean the clip that holds the bearing broke or that the land that the clip sits in broke?

hotcobra03

Established Member
how much broke.
I think I recall a chunk came off mine.
doesn't bother me.clip still stays.and bearing is pressed..

Strikeking10

Established Member
how much broke.
I think I recall a chunk came off mine.
doesn't bother me.clip still stays.and bearing is pressed..
It was a complete ring that popped out, we pressed it all together because I had to get to a race the next day, I haven’t had a issue since, but I’d like to get it fixed as soon as I can so it doesn’t create a problem.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Can you post some pics? I can't imagine the entire land breaking and breaking clean. Maybe it was just a piece of the clip that broke off.

Strikeking10

Established Member
Can you post some pics? I can't imagine the entire land breaking and breaking clean. Maybe it was just a piece of the clip that broke off.

I can’t post any unfortunately, it was a full ring with jagged edges around the outside where it broke off from the knuckle that’s all I remember from the Ford tech showing me it. What the Tech told me was the wheel bearing being bad and moving around probably caused it to break. Normally I would of taken pics of it but I just planned on changing the thing so I wasn’t worried about taking pics of the damage.

52merc

Established Member
There is at least 1/4" of shoulder there to break off. That bearing must have been totally destroyed and/or the axle nut was really loose. Here is a pic that shows the shoulder with the snap ring installed.
Knuckle Brg.jpg

Strikeking10

Established Member
I just ordered one from Ftbr that will be here next week, I’ll post a pic of it once I get the old one off

Users who are viewing this thread