Irs brace + diff leak?

2003 Cobra Kid

Established Member
Hey guys I got my billetflow irs brace in the mail the other day and will be installing it sometime next week. I will also be doing the rear end gasket as I noticed it was leaking last time i was under the car, I was just wondering what gasket maker do you use?
Thanks,
Joe

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
High temp permatex copper rtv.....holds up excellent against the heat.

While your in there replace the front and aft diff mount with some uprgaded poly ones from MM.....another no brainer mod. Helped my car alot with planting tires and wheelhop I had.

My aft diff mount bushing had so much flex in it......it broke the mount in half.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/s...=product_info&cPath=21_88_194&products_id=485

2ndGearPull

Going Down So Smooth!
Established Member
Thanks guys also does the cover just come right off or will i have to take of other things down besides exhust

Its going to take a little more than just removing the pumkin. I removed the whole rear out of the car to do the bushings and rear brace, etc...Depends if you have a lift available or not. I did mine on jack stands (harder). Here is a write up on how to remove the IRS from the car. Hope this helps and gives you an idea and pics of whats involved.

Ford Mustang Corba IRS Upgrade Abs Sensor Disconnect Photo

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
Hey guys I got my billetflow irs brace in the mail the other day and will be installing it sometime next week. I will also be doing the rear end gasket as I noticed it was leaking last time i was under the car, I was just wondering what gasket maker do you use?
Thanks,
Joe

got to reaseal mine also and will be doing the irs brace while in there

Users who are viewing this thread