Irs 8.8 rebuild recommendations

03venomdsg

Established Member
My 8.8 is in need of a rebuild, I have considered doing it myself as I am rather mechanically inclined, but would prefer someone with experience tackle it. I am located in NE Ohio, I was wondering if anyone knew a shop or someone within a reasonable distance that was good with these. Wanting to go truetrac and stick with 3.55s.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
tru-trac is very good. you didn't mention any supporting stuff, but if you dont already have it now's the time for front/rear diff bushings (at least) and an aftermarket cover (frpp or lpw).

also one of the best things to me is to get a solid pinion spacer instead of the crush sleeve. it makes it a lot easier to change out the pinion seal when it starts to leak. (and it probably will especially if you put any miles on the car)

best of luck with it.

03venomdsg

Established Member
I already have all irs bushings and g force outlaw axles. Going to swap from my billetflow brace stock cover to the ftbr milled and the aluminum diff bushings. Thanks for the advice on the pinion spacer seen something about that on another thread.

Users who are viewing this thread