IRON FIST, LEAD FOOT: A Look Behind the Scenes, Photos and Outtakes

frank3si

Established Member
Folks, the new edition of Iron Fist, Lead Foot: John Coletti and Ford's "Terminator" will soon - at last! - be on hand and ready for shipping, in just a few weeks now. If by chance you haven’t had a chance to take a look at my book website, please drop by http://www.ironfistleadfoot.com for a look at this book chronicling the amazing story of the development program behind the Terminators.

With any book like this, there is always a lot of material that can’t fit in the pages - unless you make the book 17,000 pages long and charge hundreds of dollars, ha! Since that’s not feasible, I thought it would be fun to post some of the images that we just didn’t have room for.

With that said, let’s start with flat-out speed - two alternate views of John Maffucci’s land speed record Terminator ready to churn up the salt flats on a 200mph+ pass through the timing lights…

Mustang_Frontfirst.jpg

STARTING_LINE_QUALIFYING_RUN_SAT_AFTERNOON_8_16.jpg

frank3si

Established Member
Here are a few photos from Firebird International in Arizona, eight-hour endurance testing...

IMG_0458.JPG

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
So there is another book coming out? I really need to finish reading the first one.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Just pre ordered mine. Looking forward to it, I never read the first edition

frank3si

Established Member
The books will be in from the printer in just a few days now - at last!

Meanwhile, here are a few "spy shots" taken when the Terminator was still under development. Occasionally a photographer would sneak into the parking lot outside SVT's headquarters to see what could be seen. In this case, we have two Terminators disguised so no one could be quite sure what the car would look like.

In "Iron Fist, Lead Foot" we show a much clearer image of one of the most famous Terminator shots, but these certainly have that "Quick! Take a shot and let's get outta here!" feel...

terminator_black1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread