iphone 5c screen fix advice

98chromesvt

Established Member
My girlfriend just busted the screen on her 5c again. She has an upgrade. Should I get the screen fixed before I throw it on ebay, or not worry about it? I see fix places asking like $125 for a fix. Thoughts? Thanks..

286rocks

Established Member
I don't know a whole lot about iPhones, but everytime I bust the glass on one of my Android phones I just hop on Amazon and get a new screen. I don't think it ever cost me more than $10 to do and most kits come with all the tools you need to do it yourself. Between me and my wife I've probably replaced about a dozen screens over the years, lol.

jasongilmore

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Starting with the 4S the digitizer inside the phone is attached to the screen. That's why it costs so much to repair. I believe the 5C is the same as it probably has more tech than a 4S. Either Google or You Tube Iphone 5C screen replacement to make sure.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Almost every phone nowadays has the digitizer attached to the screen and the high end screens will cost you close to $100 itself. IMO your better off getting a new iPhone 6 instead and sell the 4s with the crack screen. You'll still get some nice change for it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Almost every phone nowadays has the digitizer attached to the screen and the high end screens will cost you close to $100 itself. IMO your better off getting a new iPhone 6 instead and sell the 4s with the crack screen. You'll still get some nice change for it.

I agree! That is what I'd do in the same situation.

nxhappy

Established Member
my wife just got hers fixed for $50 at a phone place ...I wouldn't want to **** with that screen myself lol

TK Doom

Established Member
My boss is always breaking her iPhone...she finally found a place that is does it cheap.

$75 or $50 is what its down too...any more than that and I think you are getting ripped off...unless you are in BFE.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
my wife just got hers fixed for $50 at a phone place ...I wouldn't want to **** with that screen myself lol

this. paid $60 to have my 5s screen replaced. tried it myself with my old 4s with ebay parts kit and its not that easy. not worth the $30-40 in savings imo. either have it fixed for cheap and have a wider potential market of buyers or sell it as is. there are plenty of people out there who know how to easily fix these for cheap and will gladly buy it. the difference in price between the two is probably the cost of having it fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread