Interviewed at Bridgestone today...

buckinwild

Established Member
May be getting a job soon. Went to interview with bridgestone and tour the facility today, they set me up for their exam tomorrow morning so looks good so far. After that its just physical exam, pee test, then on to 14 weeks of training. :-D

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
nashville? that's cool man. I'm not too far from there. I visit Bridgestone Arena often as well.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
My fiance' works for GCR Tire Corp which is Bridgestone Tire Company. They are closing a corporate office here Austin in May and transferring people in her office to Tennessee.

Definitely a good company to work for even though this was a tough year for them number wise.. Good luck!!

buckinwild

Established Member
Sounds cool. What will you be doing?
They produce the steel cord for tires at this particular facility. Mostly loading and unloading spools of steel cord on several different machines throughout the stretching process. The cord starts out around 8 or 10 mm then as it goes through the different die's it gets reduced to the thickness of hair. Looked like alot of constant repetitious movements from what I could see during my tour. Hope my nearly 44 year old ass is up for this LOL.

buckinwild

Established Member
nashville? that's cool man. I'm not too far from there. I visit Bridgestone Arena often as well.

Nah not the arena, although I've been there a few times myself, mainly concerts though yet to see a hockey game. This is a manufacturing facility just up the road in Clarksville.

buckinwild

Established Member
Here's to being employed.:beer:

Good luck, hope everything works out for ya :beer:

My fiance' works for GCR Tire Corp which is Bridgestone Tire Company. They are closing a corporate office here Austin in May and transferring people in her office to Tennessee.

Definitely a good company to work for even though this was a tough year for them number wise.. Good luck!!

Cool man. Congrats. I work for Bridgestone as well. What position did you get?
Thanks guys;-). It not official just yet as there are several steps to their hiring process but I've gotten past the initial exam from the local employment agency and I did my interview today, guess I did well enough I was told to be back tomorrow morning to take their own company exam. Still would have to take a physical, drug screening and upto 14 weeks training before its official but its looking pretty promising at this point:beer:.

Users who are viewing this thread