interesting thought ?!

OKBandit

Established Member
Straight up base car.
DSC_0037_zps03e0d1be.jpg

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Wheels had nothing to do with the SVT Track Pack (Option Code 55S), which was available (for Coupes only) as an add-on to the SVT Performance Pack (Equipment Group 820A), providing engine oil, transmission fluid, and rear diff coolers. Base (Equipment Group 820A) cars came with less "complicated" and rare "Premium Painted Forged-Aluminum wheels." The more "complicated" and common "Tarnish-Painted Forged-Aluminum wheels" were part of the SVTPP, which also included Bilstein adjustable dampers, unique rear springs, a TORSEN differential, and a unique shift knob.

Production numbers tell the story of how rare/common the options were. In 2013, only 636 Base Shelbys were produced, compared to 4249 SVTPP models. The 2014 MY was similar with only 668 Base cars, but 5062 SVTPP models.

Like others in the thread, I prefer Base over SVTPP wheels, so my fully-optioned (minus Glass Roof) car sports Base wheels.

IMG_0188.JPG FSS_0730.JPG

Drewsky65

Established Member
Wheels had nothing to do with the SVT Track Pack (Option Code 55S), which was available (for Coupes only) as an add-on to the SVT Performance Pack (Equipment Group 820A), providing engine oil, transmission fluid, and rear diff coolers. Base (Equipment Group 820A) cars came with less "complicated" and rare "Premium Painted Forged-Aluminum wheels." The more "complicated" and common "Tarnish-Painted Forged-Aluminum wheels" were part of the SVTPP, which also included Bilstein adjustable dampers, unique rear springs, a TORSEN differential, and a unique shift knob.

Production numbers tell the story of how rare/common the options were. In 2013, only 636 Base Shelbys were produced, compared to 4249 SVTPP models. The 2014 MY was similar with only 668 Base cars, but 5062 SVTPP models.

Like others in the thread, I prefer Base over SVTPP wheels, so my fully-optioned (minus Glass Roof) car sports Base wheels.

View attachment 87109 View attachment 87110

you are the man! kinda cool to know its a much less common these wheels are!

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I ordered a Grabber Blue base car with Recaros and a stripe delete.

Im pretty sure it's the lightest and fastest combination.

pilote

Established Member
I think they will not lose value whatever the finish and options ... because they are the latest with the signature Caroll Shelby and his contribution in the fabrication.Les 20th birthday will be the most popular, and more if the future is not GT 500 with compressor I think they become untouchable!
No guarantees of course but most likely ...

Clemson

Established Member
Mine is a base. When I was looking, I wanted a base car with Nav and Recaros - only options I wanted. The other options arnt worth paying for to me since Im not going to track the car and knew I would be upgrading the suspension anyway. The wheels IMO are far better looking and uber rare - the PP Wheels or something very similar, are on damn near every mustang you see on the road these days.

Drewsky65

Established Member
Mine is a base. When I was looking, I wanted a base car with Nav and Recaros - only options I wanted. The other options arnt worth paying for to me since Im not going to track the car and knew I would be upgrading the suspension anyway. The wheels IMO are far better looking and uber rare - the PP Wheels or something very similar, are on damn near every mustang you see on the road these days.

couldn't agree more on the wheels.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Killer car. But, it just doesn't interest me. (Honestly, I'd rather own a Hellcat Challenger and mod that.)
Sure I would love the own it, but I don't track my vehicles. I don't know how great of a ride it would be for cruising around town/on the highways.
The WOW! factor would be killer though. lol

Users who are viewing this thread