Interesting Read

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
They should just call it the MarkIX

To think at one time FoMoCo had the Ford Mustang, Lincoln MKVII, and Mercury Capri all on the same chassis.

The overall concept in today's day and age is a pipe dream in this market. Cadillac has given up on their really mean performance models. Even BMW is watering down their performance brand with the "M Sport" trim. And Ford is full throttle (full PWM?) on electrification and automation.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like the rear. I don't like the front grills. Overall it look too much like a Mustang...a modified Mustang. That idea worked well decades ago with the early Mustang and (Mercury) Cougar. But the Cougar design was more different from the Mustang than this Lincoln "Thoroughbred' is to the current Mustang. IMO a Lincoln version would have to have a more luxury look/design, as was the case with the (Mercury) Cougar. I always liked the Cougar design over the Mustang. It looks more muscular, and it was more luxurious.

'69 Cougar Eliminator (S-Code 390 motor)
1-1546616348593@2x.jpg

'69 Mustang GT (S-Code 390)
p7TEGABR2a8kRg0kKykCr4aXrmHOelAj6aS6-pWSr50a4ihgpVq9SdVDdFtepzUtSjJpn-InDJPRJpN8h75HCEUow_97BIlA.jpg

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I'd would prefer a return of the Mark VII LSC than this thing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread