Interesting Ford Site

Bultrowicz

Established Member
I dont know if anyone has already seen this yet, but i was just looking around and found this site. Theres some good videos about some of the new ford cars, and also some of the cars look like imports...but check it out
http://www.fpv.com.au/

NOTaSVTstang

I am all that is man!!
Established Member
those cars are Australian if im not mistaken?? and the F6 Tornado is a twin turbo V-6 with 360bhp or 380bhp :rockon: right?? :shrug:

LS-WHAT?

Established Member
those cars have been in my wish list since 00. i think the Typhoon is a single turbo six. makes 300+hp. i heard of some people pushing 500hp out of that little car. the other GT-P has a 5.4L V8 with quad cams. i think the hp is 390. those would be good challengers to the Charger.

OZ Dude

Going Crazy Down Under!
Established Member
NOTaSVTstang said:
those cars are Australian if im not mistaken?? and the F6 Tornado is a twin turbo V-6 with 360bhp or 380bhp :rockon: right?? :shrug:

Tornado is a straight six 4.0L with a single turbo. Ford screwed up the clutch and the local motoring mags had three cars fail during testing. Ford then came out and said it was the way they were shifting, then found they could duplicate the problem themselves under normal conditions - idiots.

For all that's been promised of the Tornado, it's little brother the XR6 Turbo (smaller turbo and minus the body kit) is the car getting all the attention from the after market sector. 500hp is definitely possible from the motor and reliable.

As far as the XR8, GT and GT-P are concerned, there was a recent comparison of "Aussie Muscle Cars" (boy- that's as bad as "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you) where a GT actually turned a sub 14second quarter and they all went nuts over it.

Sorry guys, but Aussie Performance means anything that's close to 14 seconds and if you can get under the 14 second mark then it MUST be a bloody weapon... Remember, the "almighty GTO" is an Aussie Muscle Car too :)

I would think you would keep your Terminator to do damage to your competition and get a GT-P for long cruises or shopping duty. It's reasonably comfy but certainly not quick.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
OZ Dude said:
Tornado is a straight six 4.0L with a single turbo. Ford screwed up the clutch and the local motoring mags had three cars fail during testing. Ford then came out and said it was the way they were shifting, then found they could duplicate the problem themselves under normal conditions - idiots.

For all that's been promised of the Tornado, it's little brother the XR6 Turbo (smaller turbo and minus the body kit) is the car getting all the attention from the after market sector. 500hp is definitely possible from the motor and reliable.

As far as the XR8, GT and GT-P are concerned, there was a recent comparison of "Aussie Muscle Cars" (boy- that's as bad as "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you) where a GT actually turned a sub 14second quarter and they all went nuts over it.

Sorry guys, but Aussie Performance means anything that's close to 14 seconds and if you can get under the 14 second mark then it MUST be a bloody weapon... Remember, the "almighty GTO" is an Aussie Muscle Car too :)

I would think you would keep your Terminator to do damage to your competition and get a GT-P for long cruises or shopping duty. It's reasonably comfy but certainly not quick.
Wow! Is that right? Question (because I honestly don't know the answer since I don't follow Aussie autos). Is the Holden faster than the stateside GTO or visa versa? I ask because I would think that the motor regs might be a bit looser in Australia.

Cool website by the way.

Fosters

Established Member
OZ Dude said:

still, 13 second, cobra R powered four door sedan isn't bad at all.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread