Interesting Dilemma

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
Always gets ugly in here! Point blank, can u afford 500, and keep monthly bills in order? If yes buy, if no don't. Keep 98 father/son time is priceless, you will regret selling when/if he passes. Hand down to you boy someday

backerman7

Established Member
soon to be hub swapped, '98 Cobra wheels, front Cobra Brakes, rear Cobra rotors with the stock calipers relocated, HIDs, 255lpm pump

HooterBro388

Established Member
Dump all, except the 98 Cobra. Get the GT500 and live life rough for a year. Eventually, your wife will mention that getting rid of the trucks was not a good idea and you tell her that it is a little late... or whatever. Then steer the conversation so that she tells you that you need a truck and that since this was all her idea that you can keep the GT500 and the 98 Cobra AND get a new truck.:thumbsup:

This man knows how to work with his woman! Must have been married for a while!

OP, ignore those saying to get your nuts back. In my marriage, my wife and I are equals. Even when I was making the only source of income, she was taking care of the home front and that's hard frikkin work. My wife has earned my respect a thousand times over and that's what I show her in all we do. We have a standing rule that either of us can spend a $150, but any more than that and we need to make sure the other one isn't also spending money.

In your place, I think I'd get the truck. But not a decked out truck or even a new one. Your goal is to get a GT500 at some point. I'd wait and see how things shake out on the 2013's and then make your move in late 2013 on a 2014 model. That's my plan anyway.

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
I'm going with the truck... The mountaineer might be sold outright this week and I'll trade the truck. I could afford a used 500 but I'm going to put that toy on hold until after I get my PE...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member

OP, ignore those saying to get your nuts back. In my marriage, my wife and I are equals. Even when I was making the only source of income, she was taking care of the home front and that's hard frikkin work. My wife has earned my respect a thousand times over and that's what I show her in all we do. We have a standing rule that either of us can spend a $150, but any more than that and we need to make sure the other one isn't also spending money.

In your place, I think I'd get the truck. But not a decked out truck or even a new one. Your goal is to get a GT500 at some point. I'd wait and see how things shake out on the 2013's and then make your move in late 2013 on a 2014 model. That's my plan anyway.

I'll spend up to $1000 without consulting her but on a purchase this big we need to be on the same page money wise. When it comes to modding the cars she never questions it but a NW truck purchase is a bit different. Sometimes women can be a pain in the ass to live with

Last edited:

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
soon to be hub swapped, '98 Cobra wheels, front Cobra Brakes, rear Cobra rotors with the stock calipers relocated, HIDs, 255lpm pump

Why would you quote the details on the Lincoln except to point it that I need to update it? It is already hub swapped...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Coiled03

Established Member

Sense.

This post makes it.

Users who are viewing this thread