Interesting Car/Truck Manufacturer News

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Anyone's company buying these?

Lordstown Motors +4% after positive update on orders, delivery schedule

Nov. 16, 2020 7:26 AM ET|About: Lordstown Motors Corp. (RIDE)|By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor

Lordstown Motors Corp. (NASDAQ:RIDE) remains on track to begin production of the Lordstown Endurance full-size pickup truck in September of 2021.

Instead of providing updates through an earnings release or conference call, Lordstown Motors continues to disclose periodic updates related to demand indicators, production milestones, hiring and facilities, service and internal promotions.

“We continue to make significant progress across all fronts, and we are excited to reveal these developments with the investment community and future customers today," says CEO Steve Burns.

Lordstown Motors says it has received approximately 50K non-binding production reservations from commercial fleets, with an average order size of approximately 500 vehicles per fleet. The company notes it has also received interest from organizations that are not in a position to be able to place pre-orders, such as federal, state and municipal governments, and military fleets.

Deliveries of the Lordstown Endurance are expected to begin in September 2021, with full production ramping up throughout 2022.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Ford F-150's Max Recline seats are a new kind of pickup bed

seats.jpg

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
EV startup Arrival steers toward SPAC road
Nov. 17, 2020 2:01 PM ET|About: BlackRock, Inc. (BLK)|By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor

EV bus maker Arrival is reported to be in talks to combine with blank check firm CIIG Merger Corp.

Sources indicate that the enterprise value of the new company will be set at around $5B to $6B.

BlackRock (NYSE:BLK) is one of the investors in Arrival.

The maker of electric commercial vans and buses has also raised $111M Hyundai Motor (OTCPK:HYMLF) and sister company Kia Motors (OTCPK:KIMTF), as well as an undisclosed amount from UPS (NYSE:UPS), which ordered 10K electric delivery vans from Arrival.
saupload_arrival_2.png

Arrival is positioned as a potential competitor with Rivian Automotive (RIVN), which is also backed by BlackRock.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Electric SUV to join Mercedes-Benz's S-class family in 2022
Nov. 18, 2020 10:53 AM ET|About: Daimler AG (DDAIF)|By: Niloofer Shaikh, SA News Editor

Mercedes-Benz USA (OTCPK:DDAIF) to kick off its EV transformation this year with the arrival of the EQC and it's crossover EQS SUV for sale in 2022 likely as a 2023 model.

The EQS and this EQS SUV, along with the EQE and EQE SUV, are part of Mercedes' plan to have 10 EVs in its lineup by the end of 2022.

Both EQS models will form part of an expanded S-Class family.

Others include EQA and EQB compact SUVs, and electric commercials like the eVito and eSprinter vans. An electric G-Class is also in the works. Some of these upcoming EVs will also have Mercedes-AMG and Maybach variants.

EQC are all based on platforms originally developed for internal-combustion models and the EQS and EQS SUV will rival mid-size models in exterior dimensions but should offer the interior space of full-size models.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
BMW preps German plants for EV production
Nov. 18, 2020 3:41 PM ET|About: Bayerische Motoren Werke ... (BMWYY)|By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor

BMW (OTCPK:BMWYY) plan to move manufacturing of combustion engines to plants in Austria and England as part of a broader shift toward low-emission cars that will see German plants outfitted to build electric cars and EV components.

"By the end of 2022 all our German factories will make at least one fully electric car," notes BMW board members Milan Nedeljkovic on the production shift.

Notably, BMW's large plant in Munich plant, which currently makes four, six, eight and twelve cylinder combustion engines, will be retooled to make electric vehicles. Meanwhile, the BMW i4 electric car will be built in Munich, an all-electric version of the 5-series and 7-series will be made in Dingolfing and an electric X1 will be made in Regensburg.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
This thread is ****ing depressing

Yeah, the manufacturers are responding to all the various mandates. If Trump loses and Cally gets to keep their EV mandates, won't be any ice after 2030, except specialized. Even then, the rest of the world may make it a moot point, our auto industry will follow to stay in the game. I personally think the value of used ICE will explode when you can't buy new anymore. Just to many places the range and recharge time will suck horribly. Being on vacation out West is just one that pops into my mind.

blk02edge

Established Member
Yeah, the manufacturers are responding to all the various mandates. If Trump loses and Cally gets to keep their EV mandates, won't be any ice after 2030, except specialized. Even then, the rest of the world may make it a moot point, our auto industry will follow to stay in the game. I personally think the value of used ICE will explode when you can't buy new anymore. Just to many places the range and recharge time will suck horribly. Being on vacation out West is just one that pops into my mind.
Yea, only saving grace for me is I don't buy new so I have plenty of time left with my beloved earth killers

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Yea, only saving grace for me is I don't buy new so I have plenty of time left with my beloved earth killers

Well, unless they impose a big honking gas tax and mandate gas stations add EV charging and limit gas pumps. Many stations do not have the space, so that will shutter quite a few. I can see a cluster **** of epic proportions coming with EV charging stations, the space requirements will be tremendously larger than a gas station.

blk02edge

Established Member
Well, unless they impose a big honking gas tax and mandate gas stations add EV charging and limit gas pumps. Many stations do not have the space, so that will shutter quite a few. I can see a cluster **** of epic proportions coming with EV charging stations, the space requirements will be tremendously larger than a gas station.
I don't see them forcing gas stations to add charging spots ever, they will build mass charging stations on a different property all together. Gas stations will inevitably die naturally with the oil industry.

Im hoping what Jay Leno said is true, the more electrified the average commuter becomes the less they will go after hobbyists (yea... I know unlikely). But at this point all we can do is hope. And at 31 years old an EV future may as well be the end of times to me. Lol

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I don't see them forcing gas stations to add charging spots ever, they will build mass charging stations on a different property all together. Gas stations will inevitably die naturally with the oil industry.

Im hoping what Jay Leno said is true, the more electrified the average commuter becomes the less they will go after hobbyists (yea... I know unlikely). But at this point all we can do is hope. And at 31 years old an EV future may as well be the end of times to me. Lol

The oil industry will own most of the EV charging network. I have no idea how they will solve the space requirements. I'm just trying to imagine how the big interstate gas stations that flow a constant stream for gas will handle a stream that takes 3 to 5 times longer at best.

blk02edge

Established Member
The oil industry will own most of the EV charging network. I have no idea how they will solve the space requirements. I'm just trying to imagine how the big interstate gas stations that flow a constant stream for gas will handle a stream that takes 3 to 5 times longer at best.
What makes you think the oil and gas industry will own them? I see companies like Chargepoint, Tesla, and other tech companies owning and operating them.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
What makes you think the oil and gas industry will own them? I see companies like Chargepoint, Tesla, and other tech companies owning and operating them.

The scale required and the expertise in running refueling stations. The owners of gas stations will do what they have to to survive. A lot won't, but those with the space or who incentivized by local/state or Feds will.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Select EV names rally again including relative newbie Ayro
Nov. 19, 2020 10:07 AM ET|About: Arcimoto, Inc. (FUV)|By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor

The EV rally today includes Electrameccanica (SOLO +22.0%), Arcimoto (FUV +17.5%), Blink Charging (BLNK +6.4%) and Kandi Technologies (KNDI +16.8%) as investors continue to expand their interest in the sector as more major automakers fully commit to electrification programs.

There is also a new name in the mix with Ayro (AYRO +17.9%) breaking higher. Thinly-covered Ayro intends to sign EV supplier agreements with universities, governments and food service providers with its unique-looking models.
saupload_ayro_thumb1.png

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I'm trying to think of something deadlier than a EV motorcycle, they don't see you or hear you, the body count will be impressive.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

I see a surge in people moving to stuff with a carb and distributor. I think that's what my next build will be.

Inductive charging in the road surface of interstates will take care of most of that.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Inductive charging in the road surface of interstates will take care of most of that.

Lightning strikes will be interesting. They'll be a guinea's book of world records for most cars in one bolt and person with the most fried cars.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
General Motors commits to even more EV investments, still quiet on Nikola
Nov. 19, 2020 1:35 PM ET|About: General Motors Company (GM)|By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor

General Motors (GM -0.9%) plans to increase spending on future electric models by 35% to more than $27B as part of a broad goal to offer electric vehicles across its full lineup.

GM CEO Mary Barra put it pretty plainly today at a Barclays conference when she said the target was to put "everyone" in an electric vehicle. The company also confirmed that it will speed up the rollout of new EVs, and will offer 30 models globally by 2025, up from a prior target of 20 electric models by 2023. Increased battery production was also stated to be a top priority.

Nikola (NKLA +0.3%) swung lower when the GM presentation came and went without any new information on the partnership front. Shares of Nikola were up as much as 9% earlier today.

Users who are viewing this thread