Interest in a Kocky Products/New Edge Shirt?

SPXTrader

Certified Loon
Established Member
2 slogan offers:

SVT New Edge Cobra 1999 to 2001

or....

Limited Production New Edge Cobra

The simpler the better...and please don't hack it up with a bunch of shitty graphics...understated garners more attention. I'd like to see the snake on the left front, about three inches tall, with the slogan on the back...no car pictures...my .02

I'll buy a bunch!

Last edited:

SPXTrader

Certified Loon
Established Member
cobraracer46 said:
T-shirts are only good for checking the oil level in the motor.

cobraracer46 =
asshat2.gif

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
cobraracer46 said:
T-shirts are only good for checking the oil level in the motor.

well since 6 quarts barely registers on the dipstick (if at all), you can still throw the t shirt on afterwards.:loser:

SPXTrader

Certified Loon
Established Member
93cobra#2771, here's an idea that follows my earlier post about simplicity. I am not a graphic artist, as you all can tell, but I think this design professionally done would be great. Understated, simple and yet the message gets across. The drawing below is for the back, and could be done in any color on any color t shirt.

cobratshirtdesign.gif

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT (obviously) A PROFESSIONAL GRAPHICS DESIGN ARTIST! But as I said, properly done this would look great. The front should have the snake on the left front, about 2 to 3 inches tall with the SVT logo below it.

Flame suit is on...opinions please.......

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
We can't do the snake or the svt logo on the shirt. Ford would come to our doors knocking and looking for payment for use of their logo.

I'll take your idea into consideration. How about the rest of you? Would you rather have more a straight and to the point shirt like above, or would you rather have a more "kocky" slogan like "life begins at 6800 rpm" or something like that?

No need to don a flamesuit. Everyone here has their own opinion of what the shirts should or shouldn't be. No one has a wrong opinion.... :)

SPXTrader

Certified Loon
Established Member
I completely understand...my reasoning for not going with the RPM thing is that it makes it sound a little "ricey" for my taste. When I had my S2000, something like "Live Life Between 6000 and 9000" would have been great.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
I had already thought about the ricey thing as well, as we all know how much power those 1.8L engines make turning 7k... :lol:

How about:

"Living life on the New Edge"

Can't remember if anyone has said anything like that or not...

SPXTrader

Certified Loon
Established Member
***Flame Suit back on for protection***

My S2000 was a 2.0, and that was one quick son of a b. 6 to 9K in about a second...easy to rip off 9k shifts in bunches of 6...

***Flame Suit off***

The high revving ricers are a completely different animal than the cobra...I just didn't want to see any comparative descriptions on shirts, hats, etc...

***wondering to self: Should I have left my Flame Suit on?***

Last edited:

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
93Cobra#2771 said:
Wow guys, you are coming along nicely with the slogans. I've got some definite favorites out of those, but keep them coming.

Also, keep the pix coming as well. Anyone got some drag strip pix of a new edge coming out of the hole, or possibly doing a burnout at the line?

buddy's(slo65) Mach Fun is in the oposing lane, but a sweet pic and worth a shot :D

IMG_4664-vi.jpg

unclecookie

Established Member
I prefer simple. Something that says what our cars are without putting accross the idea that I want to prove it to every swingin 'dick' that comes along (been there .... done that .... got the shirt)!

SPXTrader

Certified Loon
Established Member
My point exactly...a shirt with a sublime message that says "yeah, I got one, you know I'll kick your ricer a$$, so don't ****with me".

Put all that other stuff on it and you're gonna get crap from every 4 and 6 banger out there...

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
I personally would want to stay away from something that mentioned N/A or the likes, since my 99 is blown. But this is a democracy, so the majority will rule.

"99/01 New Edge" -- something with that is cool to me.
I don't need to prove anything with the 99... and hell, a whole lotta cars will outrun a N/A 01 vert, LOL.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
93Cobra#2771 said:
I had already thought about the ricey thing as well, as we all know how much power those 1.8L engines make turning 7k... :lol:

How about:

"Living life on the New Edge"

Can't remember if anyone has said anything like that or not...

oh I like that one

brkntrxn

Established Member
How about --

99/01 New Edge Cobra
1 of xxxxx (whatever our production number totals were)

or

99/01 Cobra
1 of few

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
93Cobra#2771 said:
Doing the unique production number is out. Not possible to logistically due to how the shirts are produced.

He wasn't saying EACH SPECIFFIC production number - the TOTAL production number...

brkntrxn

Established Member
Thanks, Bizarro.

Yes, I was suggesting "1 of 10,000" or whatever our two year total was.

I do like the New Edge lines that someone sketched a couple of pages ago. One of the things that separates our cars from the earlier years are the sharp lines on the sides, front and rear... hence the nickname.

Users who are viewing this thread