Intercooler water problem

CLarryL

Established Member
Took my 04 to max rpm in 3,4,5 gears and then no water in incooler reservoir. It looks like it came out in the engine compartment and had dried drops all over right side of engine compartment. Can't find leak in upper or lower hoses, refilled and reved in garage after engine heated but can't make it do it again. I acutally thought I saw mist coming out of hood extractor and engine fell on it's face in 5th when it happened. So far no problems since but I haven't hammered it again like that. Has anyone ever had this before? Have small pully, 95mm mass sensor and Accufab throttle body.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
put some leak detector in the coolant and then drive car around. then hit it with a black light and check for any signs of leakage.

2003SLVRSNAKE

Established Member
My car was doing this. Does it sometimes and then it stops for awhile. It was boiling out the intercooler reservoir. It sprayed hell out of my windshield through the passenger side hood vent. I'm thinking the IC pump stop working for awhile. I got a new pump but haven't put it on yet. It hasn't done it in months.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Check to make sure your I/C pump is operating, they are getting old and when they fail the coolant sits and will boil out, dropping the level in short order and making a nice little mess.

twhitey

Established Member
I wouldnt do to many pulls to redline in 5th gear. Check you i/c pump to make sure its working

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Fyi

Have small pully, 95mm mass sensor and Accufab throttle body.

No mention of tune...

I'm guessing the MAF is a C&L?
They're notorious for leaning out, so get tuned if you aren't already

Last edited:

CLarryL

Established Member
Intercooler check out

Found another thread and jumped intercooler pump relay. Definitely not working so will replace pump and hope that fixes it for good. As for the tune, did it on Dyno with Predator and put 455 on rear wheels after three runs. I have a A/F ratio guage on pillar pod so I know the MAS is still good. Little concened about why it fell off so bad unless something in the computer sensed the overheat and shut it down but I have the supercharger shut off vacuum bypassed so will have to put it together and give it another try. Not in 5th this time. That was a hairy wind out and a little to fast for my old bones, but couldn't let a modified GT with about a 3 second wind up get by me.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
When the PCM sees too high of an intake air temp it will go into limp mode pretty quick to save itself from this.

seriouslymeltedcobrapiston.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread