Intercooler Pump

venom50

Established Member
My IC Pump seems to be going out i had to tap it to get it to work and i have to check it before i drive it.Can i buy one locally i did a search and saw the ford racing unit from summit for 189.00 I was going to clean it out but it may just go out anyway.Plus im running around with holiday stuff.Thanx

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
PM FORDSVTPARTS, he'll be able to get you a really good deal on a replacement. Before doing that though, you should try checking the electrical connections on it.

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
buyfordracing.com $89 bucks

bought mine from them as well. I too had to tap on mine to get it to run before driving it. I remember reading someone taking it apart and cleaning it...but I'm sure that post or article or whatever I read is long gone. Go for the one from buyfordracing.com.

SilvieBolt

The whore that’s blue
Established Member
I got the Mezeire water pump kit from DMP for $279 shipped. Im going to install it later when I get the afco heat exchanger.

operator1391

Established Member
it may just need to be cleaned...drain you HE, remove the hoses,remove the screws the hold the Pump together, spray the inside of the pump with carb cleaner and tap it on the ground slightly, wipe off and let dry..reinstall every thing and refill the intercooler res..with what ever mixure of distilled water to antifreeze you many need in your climate area..it should only take you about 1hr and 30 min at the most, but you MAY save some cash ..well hope this helps

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
Just buy a new one. When they start to go it's only a matter of a few weeks or months before it's toast. I cleaned mine once and it quit a few weeks later.

venom50

Established Member
I just ordered a new one from buyfordracing.com .I wanted to open it up and clean it out but i guess ill just wait for the new one so i dont have to change the coolant twice.Anyways whats the best coolant to use or can i just autozone it?

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
I just ordered a new one from buyfordracing.com .I wanted to open it up and clean it out but i guess ill just wait for the new one so i dont have to change the coolant twice.Anyways whats the best coolant to use or can i just autozone it?

if you are NOT freezing and freezing is NOT a concern then 15-20% AF to 80-85% distilled and the proper amount of surfactant (Purple Ice, Water Wetter, Zerex Racing super coolant).

If you are worried about freezing mix for whatever your local temps show.

Users who are viewing this thread