Intercooler Pump

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey, I was wondering if you can in the Xcal2 change your intercooler pump to come on when the car is first fired up? I have a tune from RWTD and the pump comes on after the car is warm. I was under the assumptuion that they would turn on the pump sooner. They said in the description of the tune that they turned the fans on erlier but didn't say anything about the intercooler pump.

Mike

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I have never heard of anyone tryng to manipulate the IC pump through the computer. Is there really a need for the pump to come on when the car is still cold? A bunch of us use home made jumper cables at the track to keep the pump running when the car is off.

LFP just started selling this kit for putting a switch to activate the intercooler pump in the front seat area. goes for $129, shipped I believe.

hoodvents004mp5.jpg

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
damn, that seems like a lot. my buddy just put an inline toggle switch on my intercooler pump fuse box. works great. took him about ten minutes to install :thumbsup:

Oxford Snake

Established Member
That is not an end user adjustment. The setting would need to be made in the base tune under Supercharger, Scalar, Intercooler pump time turn on after start. The range is from 1 - 10 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread