Intercooler pump not working?

Om3ga47

PIIHB
Established Member
Just recently I noticed (Not sure how long it has been happening...) but I see no fluid movement in the intercooler tank. Does anyone have any ideas or have experienced this? Before we go right off and say BAD PUMP!!! I want to know if there are any other quirks that could cause this...and yes I checked the fuse and searched the forum. Please,help this is very important.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Just recently I noticed (Not sure how long it has been happening...) but I see no fluid movement in the intercooler tank. Does anyone have any ideas or have experienced this? Before we go right off and say BAD PUMP!!! I want to know if there are any other quirks that could cause this...and yes I checked the fuse and searched the forum. Please,help this is very important.

Like you mentioned, it's probably the pump. My buddy has an 04 Cobra and his went out when he hit like 40k miles. His IAT2 shot up. Try getting under the vehicle and tapping the pump with maybe the handle of a good size screw driver or something. Not too hard but enough to wake it up. Thats what we did to his and it starting pumping again but it was weak and eventually just went out. New ones go for like $80.

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
Did you use a test light to check for power and ground. It could be that simple! Before you start ordering parts, just make sure that you troubleshoot it correctly.

SpectorV

Established Member
I wish a CEL came on when the pump goes out... as you dont really know since most dont monitor their air temps

Blown347

Established Member
is the pump suppsoed to come on when as soon as started? mine always comes on a few mins later but stays on when it does. not off and on

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
do you have an aftermarket ic resevoir tank? check the 10 amp fuse

****EDIT***** you already checked the fuse.

aftermarket tank?

Last edited:

Om3ga47

PIIHB
Established Member
do you have an aftermarket ic resevoir tank? check the 10 amp fuse

****EDIT***** you already checked the fuse.

aftermarket tank?

All stock,just went to a friends shop this morning,popped the hood and I could see it working,didnt look very strong like it used to,you know when it looks like one of those lemonade fountain boxes...Just got home after the drive back and did 1 pull. Popped the hood when I got here and nothing. I am going to check the relay,which number is it? Other than that I think its the pump itself.

BO TY KLR

Established Member
THese BAD pumps seem to be a problem as our cars get some age. Mine went this past fall as well. Just wondering how long it was flaking out. It would run for a while then quit then run and quit, even while jumpered. Just happened to be data logging IAT and notice HOT temps. I went with a miezere replacement.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
test it by jumping the intercooler pump...very simple and you can do this with the engine being off...do a search, it should come up

svt911targa

Established Member
mine stalls all the time at the track (cause thats where it lives), i just quick pull the hose and blow on it with my mouth and fires up every time........no im not gay

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I just had to buy one for my car.. it has been steadily getting weaker for the past couple months..

Om3ga47

PIIHB
Established Member
dude, i just posted one thats brand new for $89 + shipping...???

Favor? Hang on to it for me? A week? I WILL buy it. Just clutch first,needs to be done.

Screw this I want an override. Can someone explain in detail how to override my IC pump with a switch as well the radiator fan. All the write ups I see are just someone explaining in poor detail. Which pin numbers/colors? Do I splice the wire and run it to a switch than ground?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread