intercooler piping

venm4u97

Established Member
im in the process of my build and just doin a little research....Im shooting for 800-1000 hp and just wondering what you guys recommend for intercooler piping size along with mass air meter....its gonna be blow thru and also a nice size intercooler
thanks

itSSlow98

Established Member
2.5-3" would be sufficient for that power level. The air is already pressurized so its not as much of a restriction as most think. If you did 3" you wouldnt need to do anything special for the MAF location. I would not go any larger then 3".

venm4u97

Established Member
2.5-3" would be sufficient for that power level. The air is already pressurized so its not as much of a restriction as most think. If you did 3" you wouldnt need to do anything special for the MAF location. I would not go any larger then 3".

Alrighty.....what kind of slot syle meter should i run...i know a hpx but what size?

itSSlow98

Established Member

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
I have a 3'' cold side with my slot maf in a 4'' pipe. It stays 4'' from maf to TB. From my understanding the bigger pipe the more power a maf can support.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I have 3" from the head unit discharge to the intercooler and 3.5" from the intercooler outlet to the throttle body! I wouldn't even consider 2.5"

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Anything wrong with running 3 inch or 3.5 on the whole system?
I like the combo I mentioned previously, 3.5 would be tight to run from the head unit discharge, especially if you keep the factory bumper support and foam... Here's a couple pics of mine for reference..

svtcobra394.jpg

photo0017lo.jpg

photo0021e.jpg

photo0023yp.jpg

svtcobra410.jpg

svtcobra462.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread