Intercooler not mounted correctly?

cmm3

Established Member
I've only had my Terminator less than a week, and I'm trying to track down some noise from the frontend. It looks like the heat exchanger isn't bolted to the bumper. It can swing forward and back fairly loosly. Does anyone have a solution to this that doesn't involve removing the bumper?

Last edited:

ajaf1656

Established Member
I don't have a solution, but if you've never removed the bumper, it's like 4 nuts and and some clips. Super easy.

cmm3

Established Member
Yea, saw a video that makes me think they didn't get the back half of the bracket set right before they bolted up the front. Next weekend's project...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I see you're a new SVTP member. Can you post a couple of photos of your '04 Cobra?

cmm3

Established Member
I see you're a new SVTP member. Can you post a couple of photos of your '04 Cobra?
I haven't taken her anywhere for good photos yet, but this is what I have.

Attachments

• colette.jpg
    colette.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 62
  • colette_engine.jpg
    colette_engine.jpg
    412.5 KB · Views: 65

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Appears to be a virgin except maybe a K&N in the stock box. Looks like a K&N sticker. Maybe a sound system? Looks like a big fuse by the battery

cmm3

Established Member
Appears to be a virgin except maybe a K&N in the stock box. Looks like a K&N sticker. Maybe a sound system? Looks like a big fuse by the battery
Good eyes! Yes, the previous owner installed a 6" touchscreen radio, amp, and sub. they did include the original radio and amps, but he didn't keep the original speakers. When I mentioned I wanted to reinstall the factory radio, he said it may be a problem because he switched out the factory speakers. I've never looked into the factory speaker config, but I'm going to assume there are high, mid, and low range speakers around the cabin. Maybe he changed something that won't be compatible with the original output. I suppose I could try to find some junkyard speakers from a suitable Mustang with a Mach460 audio...

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
damn, clean and basically stock terminator, who woulda thought.

the factory mach audio system was definitely a bit oddball and those head units had issues as they got older. Personally, I could never see going back to the stock stuff

cmm3

Established Member
Yea, the Mach460 head unit in my 03 Mach 1 had an occasional problem switching disks, but the touchscreen unit in my Cobra just looks...wrong...somehow. Too modern or 'bright' for the rest of the dash I suppose. I know, I'm weird...

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Yea, the Mach460 head unit in my 03 Mach 1 had an occasional problem switching disks, but the touchscreen unit in my Cobra just looks...wrong...somehow. Too modern or 'bright' for the rest of the dash I suppose. I know, I'm weird...

be curious to see what you have now - post up a pic. some of them definitely look better than others.

I will say I ended up replacing the interior bulbs for the climate control etc with LEDs and it helped a lot (I did the cluster too but I dont have the back lit cluster like you).

cmm3

Established Member
be curious to see what you have now - post up a pic. some of them definitely look better than others.

I will say I ended up replacing the interior bulbs for the climate control etc with LEDs and it helped a lot (I did the cluster too but I dont have the back lit cluster like you).
20231003_192143.jpg

cmm3

Established Member
It would be nice to have a touchscreen with a custom GUI that could be configured to look like the Mach460 headunit, but lets you flip to other screens for Nav or handsfree calls.

Users who are viewing this thread