intercooler help

Cobra523601

Established Member
i have an 03 vert which spends more time in the garrage than on the road, i took it out of hiding today to wash it after her bath i started the car to get her in the shade to start the drying process when i popped the hood to wipe the hood jam with the car still running i noticed the intercooler pump was not flowing so i turned the car off pulled the intercooler relay and jumped it off. The pump is getting power, it is running (humming) but it is not moving any water can anyone help me with this thanks guys

TORQJNKY

Might have an air bubble in the system from sitting so long. Jump your pump and squeeze the suction line from the tank a few time and try to pulse fluid through the system. Or disconnect the discharge hose at the intercooler res that runs from the front of the intercooler flange, make a seal around it with your hands and blow some air into it to try to release any air bubbles then poor some distilled water into it until it's full and jump your pump and see if you can start the flow. Once you get it going, just put that discharge hose into a funnel going to a bucket and flush the system real good with some distilled water, then refill with your choice of coolant/water mix and recheck.

Some people will say just go drive it around the block and that usually works also.

Cobra523601

Established Member
Might have an air bubble in the system from sitting so long. Jump your pump and squeeze the suction line from the tank a few time and try to pulse fluid through the system. Or disconnect the discharge hose at the intercooler res that runs from the front of the intercooler flange, make a seal around it with your hands and blow some air into it to try to release any air bubbles then poor some distilled water into it until it's full and jump your pump and see if you can start the flow. Once you get it going, just put that discharge hose into a funnel going to a bucket and flush the system real good with some distilled water, then refill with your choice of coolant/water mix and recheck.

Some people will say just go drive it around the block and that usually works also.

thanks for the info man i drove it around the block came back to the house and it was working

TORQJNKY

Passenger side of the engine compartment, next to the MAF. It's a little black box mounted near the front of the passenger side strut tower. If you pop the top off the box, the relay is the black square one with four prongs. To jump the intercooler pump, looking at the black box from the front of your car, your jumper wire should jump from the side to side slots, not the front to back slots. This will make your I/C pump run without the car running so you can check it's operation. Simply remove the jumper and reinsert the relay for normal operation.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Hey Cobra523601, can you tell me where the relay is located for the inter- cooler recirculating pump?

Thanks!

-G

This should help.
ICJumper.jpg

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Be careful with the jumper wire when one end is in either fuse slot - hit the loose end to metal and boom, relay's dead.

G04cobra

Established Member
does any one know how to fix the harness that plugs into the i/c pump itself? mine broke off and i taped it but every time i hit a bump or something it turns off on me.

Users who are viewing this thread