Intercooler flow issues

oneboredguy

Established Member
Hey guys, I recently did an 03 cobra swap and have am having an issue with coolant through the intercooler, I bought a brand new pump and it wont flow, I blocked off the intercooler and it flows awesome. Wont flow through the intercooler though. However when i run a hose through the lines it flows just fine. Anybody ever had an issue with the intercooler having blockage or something along those lines?

racebronco2

Established Member
Hey guys, I recently did an 03 cobra swap and have am having an issue with coolant through the intercooler, I bought a brand new pump and it wont flow, I blocked off the intercooler and it flows awesome. Wont flow through the intercooler though. However when i run a hose through the lines it flows just fine. Anybody ever had an issue with the intercooler having blockage or something along those lines?

You are probably getting air in the system. You need to loosen up the bottom hose to get the air out. Fill the reservoir. Jump the pump only til the reservoir gets low, refill. Repeat as necessary. Once the fluid level doesn't doesn't change than you can leave the pump on. Any time the reservoir gets empty you are probably getting air in the system.

Users who are viewing this thread