intake's that work with strut brace

NC Mystic

Established Member
i know that intake's don't make much difference if any power wise but i need a 90mm lightning maf for the cobra's cam build so i am thinking of spending a little extra money on a spiffier looking intake tube. i'd hate for it to make any sort of a difference if i put it on after it's tuned.

i saw the C&l intake and it can be used with the strut tower brace which i really like. The JLT intakes look sharp but i don't recall seeing one that was made to work with the strut brace

cnlperformance.com

the whole kit is a little spendy but i guess i could buy the tube, filter, and theirs or another heat shield and get my own 90mm maf as they only offer an 80mm

could i use a longer rubber sleeve with a jlt to so the sleeve would pinch a little under the brace and let it clear?

if there are better options i am completely open to suggestion those are just the two i thought of off hand

i don't like the chrome bbk setup

thanks for the help

NC Mystic

Established Member
C&l fits great for me. It went good with my powder coating that's why I bought it

yeah i like that it matches the valve covers etc

so can i just buy their tube, ____ 90mm maf, _____ filter and a heat shield?

i need a 90mm and i think that may come out a bit cheaper than their whole kit with the 80mm

will that work out alright?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
If you can find some 3.5" OD tubing you could make your own. UPR used to make one and it fit much better than the JLTs but it's no longer made.

Last edited:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
my C&L works fine, fits under the strut brace fine, but honestly I took off my strut brace and really felt no difference.

Users who are viewing this thread