Intake spacer

Grif62

Established Member
Im sorry if this question has been asked repeatedly, but i just want to know if the intake spacer actually does something and is it worth getting. I would aslo like to hear from the people, who has an intake spacer, how do they feel about it. Also would like to see if anyone got any dyno results.

PCPRO

Big Daddy
Established Member
The intake is a dyno-proven mod that is usually one of the first mods Mach owners do. It's been around a long time; PHP, Kar Kraft, and MMR all sell them. Most are 1/4 or 3/8". I personally run a 3/4" from Roy at mach1registry.com on my Mach. I had to mod the shaker bracket a little to make it fit. It works very well

Grif62

Established Member
ya I spoke with roy before and he recommended me a 3/8 inch. I have JLT RAI Intake, sct livewire tuner, pacesetter h-pipe, and magnaflow catback. But I just want to know y u went with 3/4 inch. Also if you go to big would u loose power?

Grif62

Established Member
Idk if it helps but my car is automatic and has the mods i posted above. So what size should be good?

PCPRO

Big Daddy
Established Member
ya I spoke with roy before and he recommended me a 3/8 inch. I have JLT RAI Intake, sct livewire tuner, pacesetter h-pipe, and magnaflow catback. But I just want to know y u went with 3/4 inch. Also if you go to big would u loose power?

3/8 is the standard size to run without having to mod the shaker bracket and to keep your egr intact.Spacers really help boost your torque, and I knew I was going to be installing cams that might lose me a little down low, so I went with the 3/4" because it's the biggest I can run and still keep the shaker intact. I saw a cobra in a magazine a few months ago, and the guy was running a 2" spacer. I've never heard of anybody losing power with them regardless of the size.

YellowShaker03

I Am Black Jesus
Established Member
3/8 is the standard size to run without having to mod the shaker bracket and to keep your egr intact.Spacers really help boost your torque, and I knew I was going to be installing cams that might lose me a little down low, so I went with the 3/4" because it's the biggest I can run and still keep the shaker intact. I saw a cobra in a magazine a few months ago, and the guy was running a 2" spacer. I've never heard of anybody losing power with them regardless of the size.

+1

I heard Roy has even made a 4" spacer. Needless to say it was a custom application and I'm not sure how it even worked- I can't imagine how much stuff needed to be moved and modified to make it fit.

Grif62

Established Member
ok thxs for the info, i just brought that up because I heard that 01 cobras lose power if they get any bigger intake spacer. So you think 3/8" is good enough to satisfy?

Last edited:

Nineonesix

Established Member
I think im the only person who has a mach that knows how good the spacer is, but hasnt done it....

Im afraid to mess anything up lol

Users who are viewing this thread